“Not impressed and left hungry”
Review of Lobster Loft

Lobster Loft
Ranked #50 of 78 Restaurants in Sea Isle City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lobster Loft Is Located At The Foot Of The Sea Isle Bridge Under The Big Lobster Sign The Only Restaurant In Sea Isle On The Water That Serves Liquor. Two Dining Rooms Down Stairs With Waterfront Dining With The Most Beautiful Sunset Anywhere. Up Stairs Is Another Room Available For Private Parties Plus An Out Side Deck And Bar.
Somers Point, New Jersey
“Not impressed and left hungry”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am not a foodie and will never claim to be, but I do live locally and decided to try somewhere new. 9 times out of 10 we will go to the Crab Trap in Somers Point, so we were expecting something equal to the food and service we get there. Unfortunately that wasn't the way it was. We went to the Lobster Loft even though our daughter told us not to, even as we were walking out the door.... They had half price appetizers at the bar so we sat there for one drink and split the seafood sampler. It was 3 shrimp poppers, 2 bacon wrapped scallops and 4 melon ball size crab balls. I pulled the pepper out of the popper but it was good I thought. The tiny crab ball had a lot of filler and little crab. Then we went and sat in the restaurant. They were expensive! Oone of us got the seafood in a vodka sauce over penne. It had crab, shrimp and scallops. There was very little sauce and boxed, unseasoned pasta. She said the shrimp were very good though and they were pretty big. I got the stuffed shrimp. Again, more filler than crab and they over did the spices trying to hide that fact. The shrimp were big and good though. You had your choice of soup or salad. Soup choices were Manhattan clam chowder or lentil. I got the lentil, which was really more of a veggie soup with lentils. It was ok, I ate about half of the bowl. Hubby didn't get the surf and turf because it was $57.00 and instead ordered the 8 oz NY strip steak, medium well. It was over well done and chewy. It had good flavor but you had a work out eating it. And it was $32.99! He ordered a bowl of their lobster bisque and if he ate more than 4 bites I would be surprised. He said it was awful and it tasted like they had burned the roux. The best part of his meal was the bread, which was very good, and the baked potato. The drinks were good, but very small. 2 of us had mixed drinks. They were 4 oz and his long island was 6 oz. We each had 2 drinks, he had 1 long island and 1 $4.00 beer, an appetizer and a crappy dinner and it was $157.00 without the tip. None of us took our leftovers home and I think we were all still hungry when we left. The food tasted like it came directly from US Food Service or Sysco Foods. Very dissapointed and won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank lazybumms

Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania
“Something has changed for the better”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our most recent visit to this restaurant was a nice surprise. The food was excellent. We stopped coming here for a few years because the food was just not up to par. But whatever changed it was for the better. Will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
“Had a fun time”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I brought my mom here for dinner Saturday night,we opted to sit at the bar for a couple drinks before dinner,our bartenders were absolutely a delight great personalities and delicious drinks started with a fresh Bloody Mary,then switched to a martini, after a few drinks the hostess was happy to grant my mother her request to sit at a table by the water at sunset it was very pretty looking at the boats and canal.my husband ordered mozzarella sticks and seafood Fra ,I ordered stuffed lobster tail,my mom surf & turf we all liked our dinner but most of all had a fun time ,our waitress was very busy but very accomidating.i try to keep all my reviews positive and try to find at least one thing to find that could be improved by the restaurant management but,honestly I can tell our evening from the front door all the way to the last have a great night from the staff was flawless.i would rate the food average and atmosphere,service,drinks perfect

Visited September 2013
New Jersey
“Depends on what you order”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having visited Sea Isle many times, we opted to try out some different restaurants. LL offers a 2 for 1 dinner special during the week for $29.99. My husband ordered the fried flounder, I along with my children had the shrimp scampi. Not too thrilled with the scampi - not much flavor, somewhat blah...Kids were not too impressed with it either. But, the flounder was HUGE and very good. Service was good not outstanding. The waitress takes orders, delivers food to the table - that's it. Another young lady basically clears up plates. So, essentially, you're tipping 2 people. There was a band singing which was a nice touch. I hear the appetizers are good and are half-price at the bar from 4pm - 7pm. Staff is very friendly...

• Visited August 2013
Bear, Delaware
“Excellent food, service was ok”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My daughter can't get decent seafood where she lives so we took her here for crabs. She got a plate of king crab legs that had to be 2 lbs. worth. She ended up having 2 more meals out of it the next day. I had the scallops which were tender and juicy and my wife had crab cakes which were packed with crab meat and were done just right. We were seated right away but the service got slower after that. I think our server had too many tables or at least a number of tables that needed more attention. We would definitely return here.

Visited August 2013