“A Fun Place in SIC!”

O'Donnell's Pour House
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In 1999 the Ocean Drive proudly opened O'Donnell's Pour House right next door. As Sea Isle City's only Irish Pub, their focus is on an upscale casual dining experience, quality beverage and a pub like atmosphere where you can go to enjoy some live acoustic music, grab a perfect pint of Guinness and a booth for some conversation with your friends.
“A Fun Place in SIC!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have had dinner twice at O'Donnell's both times the food was very good. We do recommend reservations even after Labor Day the Bar & Restaurant does get very crowded. They are known for their Crab Cakes which I had & enjoyed the first time there, recently I had one of their specials of the day a Stuffed Chicken which was delicious. The Bar & Restaurant does get very Loud, but still a very good time.

• Visited October 2012

Pennsylvania
“Unexpected Fantastic food!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have eaten here three times and all meals were wonderful.
This place looks like it is basically a bar. They do not have a huge dining area and they do get crowded so make reservations. It can also get LOUD so we go after Labor Day when things quiet down.
I had what I decided was the best fish I've ever eaten during our most recent visit. I had Wahoo encrusted in toasted walnuts. OMG...it was incredible! They offer several types of fish and meat that you can have prepared a variety of ways. Their shortribs were also wonderful as were their scallps and huge pork chop.
We will make it a point to eat here whenever we are in Sea Isle City.

• Visited September 2012
“Good meal, decent prices”
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We met friends from Ocean City here, we were in Avalon so. It was about halfway for both of us. I was a little nervous about going because of the reviews I read about the noise & I don't like noisy places. We went at 7:30 pm on a Wednesday night as the season is winding down so it wasn't overly crowded. The acoustics are not good and it did get a bit loud at one point, especially the table behind us. I think we will probably avoid going there on very busy nights.
Given the above info, we still enjoyed ourselves and the meal. It is a pub type atmosphere but they have an interesting but not overly large menu. We had 2. Meat & potatoes people with us & 2 who like a variety & we were all happy with our meals. You can pick the meat or fish you want from about 6 choices of each, along with how you want it prepared plus choose toppings from about 6 each & they rate the spiciness from not hot to spicy. I had Hawaiaan whohoo fish encrusted with horse radish. Had a hard time deciding between that & the wasabi vinegrette or walnut toasted toppings. You then choose what type of potatoes you want with it & get either soup or salad. I also had the steamers as a starte, which were cooked in beer with spices and were mighty tastey.
They also had some other dishes you could get along with wonderful sounding specials. The service was good, we weren't kept waiting. We didn't have dessert because we were too full but they looked very good as well.
So depending how you feel about noisy places would be my only caveat about this place. I don't think we'll do it again at busy times but otherwise we really liked it.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best restaurant and bar in Sea Isle City”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This restaurant is consistently good from
The food, service and atmosphere. They
have interesting Specials most nights. Their regular menu lists the meat or fish you can order along with about six different sauces that can accompany your meal. So, every time you go, you can experience a different sauce with meat/fish.
We know most of the Servers. They are great - real people, who are fun. The other night our server played with our Grandson. It was really appreciated.
Pour House is best bar scene in town.
We live close to Pour House and go there frequently. Keep up the great work.

New Jersey
“One of the best Sea Isle City Restaurants”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have been here many times in the past for both lunch and dinner. Lunch reservations are usually not required, but, during the summer months dinner reservations are definitely required at least a day in advance. We called on Friday for the best available dinner reservation for a party of 5 was an early 5:30pm. My party walked the boardwalk and arrived early at 5:00pm. I found them at the bar when I arrived around 5:15pm. We were seated promptly at 5:30pm, since they have multiple seatings here. There was an initial minor mix-up with the assignment of our waitress so we had to wait a little to order our next round of drinks and main meal. After that it went much better. The fried calamari was rather average. It could have used some spice. My medium rare prime rib was a little over cooked but still tasty. The daily special flat iron steak was also very good. The others all enjoyed their meals. We agreed this place is still one of the better restaurants in this area despite today’s minor issues.

• Visited August 2012