“Thanks Hanks!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Rockland County, NY
“Thanks Hanks!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Several years ago I purchased Hank's Sauce Original at the famer's market in Sea Isle city, but then we found out Hank's opened a a place to eat. Love the logo and love the sauce! This year on our way in for our beach week we stopped to eat. The place is really simple and nicely decorated. The service was very friendly, answered questions and engaged in friendly conversation about the area. We had pinchos - I had fish ones with the original sauce. Very moist, tasty and the bread at the bottom was so good. My daughter had the itty bitty burgers which were also very tasty (she let me have a bite!). Later in the week purchased more Hank Sauce at the Farmers Market (A four pack discounted to 20 bucks! - so worth it!). On Friday we did take out from Hank's Sauce. My daughter and I got the itty bitty burgers and again were totally satisfied. Then...we found out they had a soup de jour...best discovery ever. It was a Hank's New England styled clam chowder. The size it came in was a pint, and I could not let any of it go to waste...IT WAS AMAZING! Very smooth, FULL of clams and tasty potatoes and it had just the right kick of Hank's sauce. Other people in my family ordered the soup and were equally impressed. I ended up eating half during dinner and passed on the anual tradition of getting ice cream on the last night so that I could finish the soup. I am praying it is the soup de jour next year when we return. I'm pretty bummed I can't have it again. It was the best clam chowder I have ever eaten!

Visited August 2013

Cape May NJ
“Pour on the SAUCE!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We bought some of Hank's Sauce at a street festival and just loved it. When we bought it we were given a menu for their restaurant in Sea Isle City NJ. So as our sauce ran out we went in search of the restaurant to buy some more. The restaurant is called HANK SAUCE and the name is in the shape of a fish. You can eat in or take out. We decided to eat in. This is a very casual place to eat with picnic tables inside for seating. This is also a BYOB establishment. The food was outstanding! I had their soup of the day which was a black bean chicken tortilla soup and one shrimp pinchos (grilled shrimp on a skewer covered in Hank’s sauce), another person in our group had the Hank Burger (angus beef burger topped with bacon, cheese, and Hank’s sauce), and a third person had the “huge” Crabby Patty (crab cake sandwich). Hank’s is a great place to have lunch or a casual dinner. They offer salads, burgers, sammies, and kids meals. We will be back when our sauce runs out! Sauce can be ordered online if you are from out of town at hanksauce.com

• Visited August 2013
“Hanks steps up!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We held the rehearsal dinner for my sons wedding at hanks. Brian and the whole crew stepped up amnd made it the best event ever! They totally reorganized the restaurant and then build a especial menu from fruits to salads to tacos and sliders......supplied a tub and tap for our especial beer from cape may brewery......and those hanks sauce minis for the wedding!! We normally stop by one a week in summer, that will continue...

Visited July 2013
Puerto Rico
“New Restaurant ...New Style”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was very refreshing to find a new "kid in the Block" Restaurant in Sea Isle City. I have been visiting Sea Isle for the past 13 years and we haved seen many restauranst come and go. This summer / fall we found Hank's Sauce. A new and none high end eatery. It's menu is geared to a younger crowd that love to experiment with Hot Sauces and new menu Items. They produce and bottle their own signature hot sauces and all of them are very good. I had not seen "pinchos" in a menu since my last trip to Puerto Rico. It did take me to memory lane. For those that are not familiar with "Pinchos" they a "kobob" that are found around the beach areas throughout the Island. Very popular and inexpensive way to eat during your beach day. I loved the Shrimp Pincho it was fantastic. I wish this young team of young people the best of luck. Hope to see then again next summer.

• Visited September 2012