“Below Expectations” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Fontana Coast

La Fontana Coast
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fontana Coast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 75 Restaurants in Sea Isle City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 50th Street
Transit: Trolley stops during summer season
“Below Expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family has a house in Sea Isle and told us the food was great. We had an 8:30 reservation on a Thursday night, but because nobody wanted to sit outside due to the heat and bugs, we waited for 35 minutes. The restaurant gave us a complimentary caprese since we waited for so long, which was decent. We ordered our meals; two people ordered the fusilli and seafood special, which was great. Unfortunately, the shrimp scampi and the linguini and clams were extremely under par. They both were served with a white wine sauce, but it tasted like a butter sauce that you would serve to a four year old. When we told the waiter it was not up to par, he accused us of talking/not being aware of him one of the two times he checked on us during our meal. Because of the overbooking of reservations and the attitude of the server towards the end of the meal, I do not plan to recommend nor return to this restaurant.

1 Thank 98rover

“STOP OVERBOOKING”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I come to SIC every summer weekend. When they opened, I assumed they were working out kinks with booking. Now I know that they overbook as a rule.

If you don't like to wait, skip it.

2 Thank Triciab876
Sea isle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sadly disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was really looking forward to a great meal, which I had enjoyed at La Fontana in Strathmere (the original, I believe). I had been there a few times and was glad, while in Sea Isle for my wedding anniversary, that we could try out La Fontana II.......sad. The atmosphere was nice, our server attentive and informative, but both my food and my husband' meal were a disappointment. My husband ordered the fish of the day, orange ruffy with lump crab meat in a sauce; the crab meat was very good, the sauce...OK, and the fish, well...fishy? In our experience, fresh fish is not usually so ......"fishy". For my meal, I ordered the seafood risotto .....I love this....but, the RICE...was like undercooked rice, the seafood was once again, fishy tasting and smelling, and there was very little flavor to the whole dish. For about $25 a plate, no salad included, I really wanted my meal to taste good. In fact, delicious!! this was not. We will not return to this restaurant, but I'm looking forward to a great creamy seafood risotto soon.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank K S
Puerto Rico
“Great Italian Food with a Shore Flare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Restaurant week came to Sea Isle City and La Fontana Coast was on the list so I visited it on a Tuesday evening. The eggplant starter was very very good. The ceasar salad need to be more creamy, the grilled slamon was just perfect and to top it all..the canoli was very good, the ricotta cheese was very much part of it..and that is good. The service was very good and the atmosphere very old world

Ohio
“Get Ready for an Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Kids are welcome but it is an adult foodie place.
The chief is a euro pro and is part of founders of
the 3 properties. The dishes are authentic Northern
Italian with a taste of Tuscany dishes. Anything with fish
is great and try some of the pasta specials. If you get
angle hair pasta dish do not continue to talk but diffuse
the heat out of the pasta before eating. The sauces are over the top
and the presentations are great. Choose the saute calamari for a starter
to share. You taste paled will be laughing and dancing the food is that good.
The service is excellent and the staff attentive in a good way.
Make reservations for any night. If you want authentic Italian treat yourself
whatmorecanyousay