“Surprisingly nice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Girt
Lima, Ohio
“Surprisingly nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had business in Spring Lake, NJ, and stayed at the Sea Girt, which was ten minutes from my business meetings (and the beach). I was pleasantly surprised when entering my room. Everything was perfectly clean. My bed was very acceptable with a semi-firm mattress. This was a clean, safe, and basic accommodation, which I would recommend to any fellow traveler Despite its obvious age, the ownership takes great pride in the maintenance of this hotel, which is also in a safe location, with lots of nice shopping and restaurants within half a mile in either direction. I would not recommend this hotel for children. The cable had limited channels. My wifi worked fine. No problems. Excellent value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JohnLima_Ohio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Port Washington, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed there for a wedding that was close by. The room was very clean but dated. Other than sleep there not much time was spent. Had a pool which wasn't used so I can't comment on it. The only thing that I was glad about was that it was a cool Saturday night as I didn't realize that it wasn't air-conditioned when I booked it..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JS708
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

A friend and I needed a reasonably priced place to stay while I was participating in the NJ Half Marathon. A lot of places in the area were sold out several months in advance, so we booked a night at the Sea Girt Lodge. We were not disappointed. The woman at the front desk was friendly, and told us that the property was recently renovated. She came out to the room to help us with the functioning of the TV and was very nice about it. We were given the keys to a decent-sized room with a flat screen TV and a refrigerator. A microwave or coffee maker would have been nice, especially since we were leaving for the race well before the continental breakfast was put out, but there were none in the room. The beds were incredibly comfortable and we had a good night's sleep.There was complimentary Wi-Fi, although we had some trouble accessing it. The room was clean and in a central location, although not a particularly scenic one off a busy highway in a business district. However, it suited our purposes and the price was right. I would definitely consider staying there again, as it was only a half hour or so from the race start.

Room Tip: We were located near the pool. Not a factor in April when the pool was obviously not open, but in th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank JerseyGirl54
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We attended a wedding and were underwhelmed with the B&B options for lodging. We ended up selecting The Sea Girt Lodge because of the close proximity to the beach and neighborhood where our friends were staying. We found the room to be very clean and we enjoyed having a mini fridge in the room. It is a very basic accommodation, but for the price we thought the value was excellent! The front desk staff was very friendly and they even offered a continental breakfast! Only 2 miles or a 7 minute drive from the very nice town and shops in Sea Girt.

• Stayed October 2013
York Pennsylvania area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

If I owned a motel, I'd post a sign at the entrance: "COMPLAINERS AND FAULT FINDERS MOVE ON. YOU MAKE IT HARD FOR THE REST OF US".
The Sea Girt Lodge is wonderful. It sits in a beautiful area. It is quiet and peaceful. When we arrived we sat out the front door for the evening and enjoyed the sunset. The courtyard and whole campus is open, airy, uncluttered and spotless. There is a gorgeous pool. The rooms are better than almost all of the major chains. Clean as a whistle, bed comfortable with about 5 pillows, beautiful bathroom, iron and ironing board, refrigerator and TV with hundreds of channels. If you look around a bit, you'll see remnents of what was likely a 1950's or 60's "motor inn". How cool ? But, the place is totally, 100% rebuilt to modern standards. I can't recommend the place enough and disregard the complainers. I had a contingent of 4 people on this trip and we needed a "spur of the moment" place in a hurry due to weather (motorcyclists) and found this place. A phenominal value.
Why do I write this book ? Because of the trepidation I had due to the bad reviews. Heave those reviews and stay here.

Room Tip: All rooms (I believe) are the same. Comfortable and clean. We all slept like a rock.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Tom A
Randolph, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have stayed at the Sea Girt Lodge many times. It is just a short drive to the Sea Girt beach and the cute shopping area in Spring Lake. They have a small outside pool as well. The rooms are not extraordinary, but they are always spotlessly clean, and they seem to make an effort to update on a regular basis. The staff at the front desk are always pleasant. Compared to the prices in some other hotels and B&B's in the area, the Sea Girt Lodge is a great value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RMR58
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and twin 16 year old daughters and another family of 4 just returned home from a great trip to the Jersey Shore. I was very happy with the motel. The rooms were very clean. The price was right. It is very hard to find an affordable and clean motel so close to the beaches. The staff at check in we're very nice and informative. The maid service was great. . The pool is small but very clean and a nice place to have your am coffee. The rooms are small but that's all we needed . We are runners and enjoyed our runs to sea girt beach and spring lake as well as to belmar. The location is great if you plan to go to the beach. This is a good choice for families .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 5 in Wall Township
Shore Hills Motel
Shore Hills Motel
#3 of 4 in Manasquan

Been to Sea Girt Lodge? Share your experiences!