“Reasonable for the price”
Review of Sea Girt Lodge

Sea Girt Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Girt
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Reasonable for the price”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My daughter was playing in a softball tournament in Wall Township and we wanted something clean, nearby, and reasonably priced. We were pleased with our selection. The room was clean, with 2 double beds. The mattress was a little firm for my liking, but tolerable. It had a refridgerator to accomodate our needs for water bottles and ice. The bathroom was clean. The staff was pleasant, though not as knowledgeable of events and things to go/do as you would think they should. We were not able to take part in the breakfast that was available because we had to be at the fields before they were available, so I can't comment on that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda S
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Sea Girt Lodge.

It is great to know that you found our hotel room and amenities clean and useful.

It is satisfying that you noticed our friendly and helpful staff.

Certainly we have passed this on to our employees and train them to be more knowledgeable in future.

Please visit us again – it is always a pleasure to serve guests like you.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This motel was clean, which is not always the case with properties down the Jersey Shore. Staff was very friendly and they have a nice pool. It is very close to beach and boardwalks at Point Pleasant and Asbury Park.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruce S
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Sea Girt Lodge about 5 or 6 times. Over the years my friends and I have spent thousands of dollars here. I usually relied on the SGL the years I wasn't renting in the Manasquan area. The rooms and facilities were nice enough for the price. The pool area and close location to the Parkerhouse and Manasquan bars were also pluses.

My last experience with the SGL was awful. When we returned from a night out (the Friday night of Labor Day weekend) we tried to swipe our cards and they did not work. This is a common problem with swipe cards as they can become demagnetized (I see another reviewer had a similar incident). We had no choice but to ring the main office. If I was the onsite manager I would be annoyed at the wakeup call but would understand it was part of my job. The manager started yelling and cursing at us telling us that it was our fault and that we were doing something wrong with the door. He then said that he would be kicking us out the next day. Since we've been going there so long I figured it would blow over, but the next morning when we left to go to the beach around 9am he swarmed our room and told us to get out. I tried to reason with him explain the situation and he became verbally abusive and started shouting in my face all the while the girl at the front desk was laughing. After about 10 minutes, I cut my losses and realized I wasn't getting through to this lunatic. We were left stranded on the last holiday of the summer season without lodging which put a huge damper on our weekend.

To the manager of the Sea Girt Lodge, I hope you get your act together and treat your loyal customers with respect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Laura I
Dear Guest,

Thanks for being a regular at the Sea Girt Lodge.

We note your review and regret the incident howsoever it might have happened.

At the same time we apologize on behalf of the front desk manager for any unruly behavior
and assure that it will never happen again.

We have given an intensive training to the hotel staff and reception managers to ensure that our guests receive a hospitality which they shall make them feel welcome and wanted.

We take our reviews very seriously for improvement.

Please consider our hotel once again and experience a new hospitality.

Travelers are raving about these Sea Girt hotels

Beverly Hills,FL
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was in a convenient area for us to visit family. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. This was in an area hard hit by Sandy and hotels were fully booked. Just a couple of problems. We had a room next to the office with a king size bed.The furniture is pretty worn. All of the other rooms did not have another floor over them like we did. From 6am until about 11pm it sounded like there was a kangaroo on a pogo stick above us. The room was pretty chilly, there wasn't any way to change the thermostat. We found out the temperature in that room is controlled by the office. The woman at the desk said she was usually hot, so she kept the temp cool, but she agreed to turn it up since we were cold. We also had to park really far away from our room. All in all, for the price it was ok, but not the best.

Room Tip: Don't get one next to the office
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deb G
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate your review and your positive observations about the rooms and your stay in general.

Based on your review, the hotel upkeep staff received additional training and the maintenance staffs have been instructed to check all the amenities and to ensure that they are in the best condition.

We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased. We hope to see you again.

Columbia Station
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at the Sea Girt this past weekend after it was recommended by a family member. It's true that it was bit dated, but the room and the property were both extremely clean. It looked much nicer - from the outside at least - than other hotels in the area. This was also one of the quietest - if not the quitest - hotel I've ever stayed at. Judging from the parking lot, they were obviously full and I never heard a peep from anyone. Plus, they have great winter rates.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Too bad I have to write this because I think the place is generally pretty good or so it seems. Place is clean a little dated but clean which is important and the location is convenient. Very attractive if you have young children especially with the pool and close proximity of stores. We stayed there one weekend day this summer. We made a reservation a week ahead of time so we figured no problem . Wrong we got there late afternoon the check in person who really must think that she has a great personality or something, I thought she was just plain flippant. We get to our room, the only one available I'm told, lucky me and when we opened the room it was like an ice box. We settled in and I went to adjust the thermostat where I find the cover of the thermostat on top of the TV. I figured OK must have fallen off so I adjusted it and placed the cover back on. We went out to dinner came back and the room is still freezing. I go to the front desk, same Miss personality is at the desk.. She comes back to our room to make some kind of adjustment to rectify the situation, no luck. She has to call the "maintenance guy" and I am reminded that she has no other room to put me in, mind you I made this reservation a week prior and in my opinion there was something wrong with the thermostat before we got there evidenced by the thermostat cover being off and on top of the TV. Wait a considerable time before returning to the front desk because the A/C is still blowing cold air in to the room. At the desk is the "Maintenance Man" who tells me he can't fix it but he has turned off the unit to our room from the outside and hands me a plugin space heater to warm up the room. We never plug in the heater as we rightfully surmised that the room will heat up soon enough. Well the room got very warm during the night which caused us to have a terrible sleep. At 7:00 AM the A/C turns back on automatically and the room is now an icebox again. Back to the front desk I go and there is a very nice women now at the front desk. I tell her my tale and my dissatisfaction, ask her where is the manager so I can get some satisfaction. I am told that he is only there in the evening. Oh yeah and this gets better the commode in the toilet is now leaking.. We check out and I call back that evening in and get Miss Personality on the phone who proceeds to tell me he the manager/owner is there in the morning not the evening, now I feel I am getting the run around. Call back in the AM and get the friendly helpful person who tells me that is wrong that the owner is only there in the evening. I call back again in the evening and am told I just missed him. At this point I gave them my name and asked for a call back. Of course as you can guess I never get a call back I try again one more time with the same result I just missed him again,darn. So here I am telling you all to be wary of the place.

Room Tip: I have nothing to offer at this point
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wartfang
theseagirtlodge, Webmaster at Sea Girt Lodge, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sea Grit for your recent stay in our area.

We appreciate and thank you for your review, and apologize for the same.

We take our guest reviews seriously towards further improvement. We apologize for the inconvenience you had, however unlikely it can be. We have investigated the incident and have taken adequate steps to see that it never gets repeated.

Please note that based on your review we have taken the following steps.

Housekeeping staff received extra training to ensure the highest degree of cleanliness. They have been trained to inspect each room and clear before checking in a new guest.

The Front Office staffs have received extra training to handle the responsibility of ensuring that all guest requests are handled in the best possible manner and also to maintain an enduring hospitality.

I am sure that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at our hotel and feel the difference.

PA
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I chose this property for a family vacation, based on its location - close to grocery & convenience stores, as well as a few restaurants - and with easy access to the main highway & roads to the beach. As with just about every other Jersey Shore motel I've stayed in, this one is dated but fills the bill - clean, quiet, working appliances, air conditioning, etc.

The room was a bit cramped but was big enough for the 3 of us, and included a mini fridge, hair dryer, and of course the TV. The pool area was nice & the kids enjoyed the time there. Previous reviews mention 'quiet time' - signs confirm it - which didn't bother me a bit, as I was traveling with children.

We made use of the complimentary breakfast - not fancy, but a nice bonus. I asked staff a few questions regarding nearby restaurants, etc. & found them to be helpful.

We stayed here for four days and had no complaints - we would have no qualms about returning.

Room Tip: For even more quiet, ask for room near the end of the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 5 in Wall Township
Shore Hills Motel
Shore Hills Motel
#3 of 4 in Manasquan

Been to Sea Girt Lodge? Share your experiences!