“Reunion Group”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sea Girt
Beacon House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Sea Girt B&B and Inns
minnesota
“Reunion Group”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Lovely Place, Lovely location, nice people, room clean and adequate. Would stay again when in area

• Stayed May 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Beacon Falls Ct
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I had the pleasure of discovering the Beacon house on the recomendation of a friend who had seen it while visiting family. I went for a short visit of 3 days. I had a great experience. I went for a relaxing "girlfriend trip" and got more than I expected.
From the moment we checked in everyone was so helpful and friendly. The main house was nicely decorated and very inviting.
The location (1 block from the beach) could not be beat. They give you a beach pass and chairs to use during your stay, also bikes are available. There is a very nice very clean swimming pool between the 2 houses which we used every day. There were many flowering plants and bushes that made the pool look so beautiful.
The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Blueberry pancakes one day and a great egg casserole and homemade strawberry bread the next. The Parker house was located across the street and that was great for a burger after the beach.
I was happily surprised to find out on the day of check out you are allowed to use the beach pass and the pool. There is a cabana with a shower and toilet that you are welcome to use. This perk allows you to enjoy another full day of fun in the sun.
I will definetly return and I will be bringing my fiance as I know he would enjoy it as well.
I had some business that I had to address and both Candy and Cathy were very helpful with assisting with faxes etc.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — limited parking
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
Reviewed July 17, 2008

We were checked in by the manager, I believe, not the owner. The manager was less than welcoming which really surprised me considering it's a B&B.

We asked some general questions which seemed to be answered in an obviously condescending tone. She just made it seem like we were annoying her. She was firm on the rules of the house, the fees we would pay should we lose any passes, and just made us feel more like we wanted to stay out of her way, then smile and say hello when she passed.

I've stayed in other B&B's and usually in addition to being friendly, the staff points out that drinks and snacks are available during the day and are complimentary. Not here. It felt very chintzy cheap, they charged you for a soda, water, or a tiny bag of chips.

The room we stayed in was one of the more expensive rooms and it was teeny tiny. Basically, it's the size a small bedroom in a small house. The bathroom was so small, they could not fit the sink inside, so it was at the foot of the bed. The shower was definitely made for petite people, let's just say. That would all be fine, but it was expensive.

It is a quick walk to the beach and there was a pool which is nice. It's a pretty location, the breakfast was tasty, but limited. It's not choices, it's 'here's what's for breakfast', or have cold cereal.

Overall, it's a nice getaway, but not worth over $300 per night.

• Liked — The porch with the wicker furniture.
  • Disliked — The hospitality.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank clearbluewater11
BeaconHouse, Owner/Innkeeper at Beacon House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 27, 2008
I’m so sorry that this guest had a bad experience at The Beacon House. My Assistant Innkeeper came to The Beacon House after a successful 20 year retail career where she dealt with the public every day. She is efficient, thorough and well liked by our guests and visitors. When she checks guests in, she shows them around the inn and the property, as it is a relatively large B&B comprised of two houses with a pool in between. The “rules of the house” are information helpful to guests such as breakfast and pool hours, location of amenities such as beach chairs, towels, ice machines and refrigerators, bicycles, parking and additional information to make their stay enjoyable. We offer complimentary beach passes and VIP passes to the Parker House and the replacement costs of these passes are explained to guests. Because we are a large B&B (18 rooms, 1 cottage and 2 efficiency studios), we can have up to 50 guests on premises at busy times. Therefore, we do not offer unlimited snacks and beverages for free. We have found that most guests appreciate our providing these items on the honor system for a modest charge. We frequently serve afternoon refreshments of cookies and lemonade which are complimentary. The room these guests stayed in is 17 feet long by 13 feet wide (220+ square feet). Yes, the sink is in the room and the bathroom is small. Guests definitely prefer having bath facilities in their room, however small, to shared hall baths as found in many B&Bs. The cost of this room during our Inn Season is $280 per night. This charge includes beach badges, use of our private pool, a full served breakfast each morning, beach chairs, beach towels, sand chairs, bicycles, Parker House passes, and onsite parking. The Beacon House is located just a short block from our beautiful Sea Girt beach. I find it especially difficult to believe anyone could use the word “limited” to describe our breakfast. Each morning we serve a choice of 5 juices, 2 coffees, and a large selection of teas followed by a fresh fruit course and a hot entrée. On the sideboard there are fresh apples and bananas, hot and cold cereals, hot cocoa, hard cooked eggs and yogurts. Upon request, we always will prepare fried or scrambled eggs and toast if a guest does not care for our daily entrée. We get many compliments on our location, cleanliness, breakfast fare, and most importantly, service. Just check the reviews we’ve received on this site and others.
columbus ohio
Reviewed June 19, 2008

A sweet, comfortable, impeccably cared for inn in one of the prettiest towns on the Jersey Shore. Breakfast is served in the sun filled dining room and it is a delicious way to start the day. The owner/inn-keeper, Candy, and her wonderful staff made me feel right at home. The inn has a pool and is one block from the beach.
There is a huge front porch with rocking chairs and comfortable wicker furniture... a great place to sit and relax. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone looking for a quiet escape at the New Jersey Shore.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank patrishColumbusOhio
Warren, NJ
Reviewed February 16, 2008

If you have young children, I would suggest that you do not stay at this B&B. Both buildings are old and the stairs are very steep. The rates are also very expensive for what you are getting in terms of accomodations. This was our second stay at the B&B. My main gripe this time around was with the owner, Candy. She was constantly reprimanding my family because she claimed the children were making too much noise. She even came out to the pool in the middle of the afternoon when everyone was at the beach to tell my son to be quiet. He was just having fun and laughing. She also sent her co-worker to the breakfast room and I quote told me to "remove the child from the breakfast room because he cried out". None of the guests seemed to mind the kids. In fact, they were very friendly and always struck up conversations with us. I felt like we were walking on eggshells the entire stay. I will not definitely not go back. This year we are going to try the Sea Girt Lodge, the reviews I have read were all very good. Two years ago we stayed at the Chateau Inn and Suites in Spring Lake and it was fantastic!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank JerseyGirl1973
New Jersey
Reviewed September 23, 2007

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is great , right next to the beach, a short drive to the shops and restaurants in Sea Girt , Spring Lake and Belmar. We love the pool. Candy and her staff are terrific. I recommend this Inn for a very pleasant stay at the Jersey shore

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarenNJ
Gainesville, FL
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Our family of 8 adults (including one with need for wheelchair) stayed at Beacon House during a quick July weekend. The service is outstanding, as the owner & assistants attend to specific needs quickly and with ease. The Inn is attented to with much care. The three rooms we rented met our needs and provided for our stay more than adequately. The large front porches allowed us to visit for hours during heavy rainstorms, and common areas offered opportunity for long family chats. The pool is a great addition, & the beach is only one block away. Beach passes, towels, & chairs were provided by the Beacon House. The beach patrol offered us a beach wheelchair, which was of great benefit for our elderly aunt. The visit to the lighthouse was fun. Parker House, just across the street, is a good restaurant. We have stayed at the Breaker's Hotel in Spring Lake before, and Beacon House far exceeded our experiences there. Beacon House holds that quaint Atlantic shore experience. Sea Girt is a pleasant New Jersey shore city, with good restaurants close by. Highly recommend this property.

• Liked — attention of owner & staff
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MsShaalot
#2 of 8 in Spring Lake
Sea Girt Lodge
Sea Girt Lodge
#1 of 1 in Sea Girt

Been to Beacon House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!