“First rate food with good service”
Review of Ama Ristorante

Ama Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Ama Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Sea Bright
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: With panoramic and spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Shrewsbury River, Ama Ristorante at the Driftwood offers guests traditional and newly imagined Tuscan classics in a warm, inviting setting reminiscent of a Tuscan villa. The imaginative and innovative cuisine, prepared by Chef Pat Trama, offers the finest and freshest ingredients paired with a hand selected wine list that features wines from boutique vineyards in Tuscany and throughout Italy as well as special American selections. Ama Ristorante is open year round to the public. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday starting at 5 p.m, and Sundays at 4 p.m.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“First rate food with good service”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

AMA has relocated from Atlantic Highlands to Sea Bright at the Driftwood Lounge. Food was top notch, carefully prepared and well presented. Our friends, who dined with us, are friends of the owners so I can't comment on whether our service was typical or not. This place is expensive but I thought the value was there for the quality of the food. Only complaint is that it is very noisy and servers have to shout the specials to be heard. Would definitely recommend AMA to anyone looking for authentic Italian cooking with a modern flair.

• Visited October 2012

new jersey
“Authentico Italiano”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Ama, a delightful ristorante in Atantic Highlands shares the warmth, the ambiance, and more importantly the great fresh foods of Italy. The creative dishes that are presented at Ama always make me think of my wonderful meals in Italy. This is not your traditional American Italian restaurant. Don't look for commercial foods at Ama, embrace the essence of authentic Italian cuisine. Love and care are ever present in the presentation of this culinary experience. How wonderful to dine on seasonal foods, so as the seasons change, so does the menu. I have probably tasted every dish on the menu's and have been so pleased with every morsel. To add to the experience at Ama, they are BYOB. So bring along a bottle of great wine and escape to a little piece of Italy in Atlantic Highlands. Buon Appetito!!

• Visited May 2012
New Jersey
“Surprise in Atlantic Highlands”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Even though I live only 20 minutes from Atlantic Highlands I rarely go there for dinner. So I was surprised when I found this Italian restaurant. The atmosphere is comfortable and the food carefully prepared. My prima piatti was Cozze di Pappa al Pomodoro and i added it to my top 10 list of mussel dishes. For secondi I had shrimp and pasta Fra Diavolo and while the taste was excellent there was very little heat, they need to spice it up a bit. For desert I had the Panna Cotta, I don't see it on a menu very often so I had to try and wasn't disappointed. Although the dinner was a little pricey I enjoyed it very much and will return.

• Visited February 2012