“My favorite sushi restaurant of the Jersey shore.”
Review of Yumi

Yumi
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Sea Bright
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Charlotte, Florida
“My favorite sushi restaurant of the Jersey shore.”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I frequent Yumi. Everything on the menu is fresh and delicious. One of our favorites is the Rumson roll but there are so many great chefs signature rolls. The service is excellent and it's BYO. A must try.

• Visited May 2014

“2x Nobu of the Jersey Shore”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is one of those sleeper restaurants that I am reluctant to review since I want to keep it a secret. You will not find a better sushi spot on the shore. The chef is super creative and the fish is fantastic. The tuna pizza rocks. The lettuce cups are also a great starter. Favorite roll of all time is the ocean ave. the spicy crispy tuna roll is also fantastic.

Shhh, don't tell too many folks about this spot!

• Visited January 2014
New Jersey
“My favorite sushi restaurant”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

As a tripadvisor reviewer I often overlook the local restaurants where I live. Yumi is one that needs to be mentioned, especially since it was destroyed by Sandy and just reopened a few months ago. Although everything on the menu is absolutely delicious I need to mention a couple of specialty's. The tuna sashimi pizza is a must whenever I visit and any one of the chefs signature rolls are complex flavor sensations. I usually get so worked up about the fish that I rarely order from the kitchen but the 12 hour pork belly will slow you down to savor every bite. I can't say enough about Yumi, the food and staff are wonderful and if you are in Sea Bright stop by and check it out.

• Visited November 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Fun lunch”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I met a friend for a birthday lunch on a Monday. Restaurant was quiet and dark, but the service was attentive and we shared some fun rolls. Would love to go back for dinner. It's byo.

Visited October 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Nobu of The Jersey Shore”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I frequent Yumi quite often in the summer. The food is outstanding and fish is extremely fresh. There is no liquor license so byob. however the staff is super nice and will even store unfinished bottles for your next visit. sushi is that of Nobu quality. Highly recommended restaurant if you are in the sea bright area.
The restaurant was damaged during Hurricane Sandy but was rebuilt almost exactly the same as the original restaurant.
Prices are decent. Not as high as NYC but higher than an average restaurant on the Jersey shore.
The good food and quality sushi make up for it.
Great restaurant with a friendly staff.

Visited August 2013