“Favorite restaurant in the Monmouth County/beach area”

Anjelica's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

We are from Pennsylvania and became Anjelica fans when our daughter attended Monmouth university. It was recommended by a family from Monmouth Beach that she babysat for. We started visiting in 2007 and come back every time we visit. Our daughter and husband purchased a home in Tinton Falls and had an open house in August. My husband wanted to take the 16 who came a day early to his favorite restaurant. The waitstaff was extremely accommodating and everyone's appetizers and dinners were outstanding as usual. We cannot say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. There is no favorite. Each meal surpasses the previous. Italian, fish,veal, steaks etc are all fabulous. You will not be disappointed unless you can't get a reservation

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (200)

Reviewed December 3, 2016

Anjelica's is simply wonderful - amazing food, impeccable service. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that it is tight quarters, can get a bit noisy and parking can be a challenge (especially in the summer). It's very popular, so sometimes suffers from this (delayed seating, loud people). Still, my big treat of the year is that all my family is home for my Christmas-season birthday and I usually pick my favourite restaurant, cost be damned! Often it is in NYC. This year it will be Anjelica's because it is the absolute best Italian I've had and service is always exceptional (especially Oscar!). I've never had a bad meal here and I go as often as I can manage a reservation! Looking forward to going again tomorrow and even more when I will have all my family with me at Christmas!

Reviewed November 30, 2016

We love Angelica's Restaurant. The food is wonderful...everything we've tried was great. There is always a long list of specials that sound amazing and it's difficult to select only one entrée! It's always packed, so a reservation is a must. It is a very family-oriented restaurant. The staff is very friendly and helpful with the menu. Enjoy!

Reviewed November 4, 2016

i ate there last nite with friends....have been there before....very quaint and interesting decor...the food except for one dish was disappointing and overpriced...the service was spotty...at this price i expected much more...

1  Thank kassonstwo
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

Do make reservations but don't expect to sit at that time. There is no rush at this byob. Disappointed in the fact that everyone raves about this place yet they run out of food. I guess you must come early. The stuffed fig appetizer was delicate to the palate and delivered big on flavor. I don't recommend the crab cake it's mostly breadcrumb. The Black Sea bass had a nice flavor but its pairings lacked flavor. The side of lobster risotto missed the mark. However they do make a great espresso. And the napoleon was phenomenal. The ratings is more based on not meeting the supply of food for the clients and long wait. By the wayCarlos is an exceptional waiter.

Date of visit: October 2016