“Location is the key here! Good bargain off season.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sea Bright
BeachWalk at Sea Bright
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sea Bright
“Location is the key here! Good bargain off season.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Always loved this place. Even with former owners before they improved the Tiki Bar area. Location is the key! Pricey during summer but a bargain off season. Views of Shrewsbury River and ocean depending on the room. Nice private beach across street. Clean large pool area. Italian Restaurant next door and Tiki bar out back. Friendly staff. Comfy average motel rooms again with great views! Perhaps since off season I was not offered daily maid service ? Marina dockside adds to pretty, calming atmosphere. Keep in mind this review was prior to hurricane Sandy : ( I wish them all the best in their recovery and repairs. And hope to return again ! Sea Bright got hit vey hard!

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank SuzDfromNJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Holmdel, New Jersey
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family goes to Sandy Hook all the time, all the seasons, so we've been driving past the Fairbanks for years. When my husband and I were looking for an inexpensive weekend getaway to celebrate our 25th anniversary, he thought of the Fairbanks. Hotel personnel were so accommodating, even through a change in management, as we postponed and rescheduled at least three times. We finally went this past weekend, and we had a great time.
The staff, including the waitresses at the Diamond Deck Tiki Bar, were very friendly and helpful. We had drinks served poolside, while we were still in the pool! Good margaritas, BTW. We ate at the Tiki Bar but also were able to order from the menu at the more upscale restaurant on site. Everything we ordered was very good.
We stayed in Room 21, which is called a suite. That might be a bit of a stretch, but it did have a full-sized stove, sink, microwave and fridge. I see a stove and think of how that space could be put to better use. My husband sees one and imagines what he could be cooking. And so, on the second night, after a visit to Sickles Market, we had mussels in white wine and garlic, swordfish and salad.
The pool was a nice size and clean and there are lots of chaise lounges poolside. A clean and not-too-crowded beach is right across the road so you can go back and forth from pool to beach to room in a matter of minutes.
The best part of the place for me was our private deck overlooking the Shrewsbury River. An ocean view is nice, but I liked the river better because there's always something going on. Boats of every size and type coming and going. Cormorants drying their wings on nearby pilings. Gulls stopping by for a look at us. I could have sat on the deck for hours on end.
I had a few very minor complaints. The shower could have been harder and hotter. We could have used more towels. The full-size bed was a bit small because my husband is very tall. But I didn't go there expecting the Ritz Carlton, and it was miles above some other Jersey Shore hotels we've stayed in. I give it an enthusiastic thumbs up, and will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Book room 21 for the deck overlooking the Shrewsbury River, and for the kitchen.