“A Dump”

Dining options: Breakfast
New Jersey
“A Dump”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I went here for the buffet dinner for a friend's birthday. This place is about 20 years past it's expiration date. Everything was stale and outdated at Snuffy's. The food was barely edible, I wouldn't touch some of the fish that was served because it frankly looked old.

The service was incredibly slow. I ended up bussing one of my plates myself and it took forever to get a refill of water. At the bar, I waited while one bartender tapped away on his Palm Pilot. I ordered 2 glasses of wine and they were served with fruits flies floating in them. I was embarrassed for the place at this point. The only high point was the bartender, after charging me for the 2 glasses of wine, came over and brought me a glass on the house. The only food item I really enjoyed was the chocolate covered cheesecake, which I'm sure was store-bought.

I would never return to this restaurant and if I was invited to a wedding here I'd more than likely decline to attend.

• Visited November 2013

“Epitome of mediocrity”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The place is sprawling! So they must be accustomed to handling crowds. The wait staff were excellent. The food? Well, we were invited for the Sunday buffet. The variety of dishes was overwhelming. That said, too often the meats (beef, chicken, turkey, and pork) tasted re-heated. (I do not eat frozen fish or seafood. No way that quantity wold be fresh!) most of the desserts tasted like the cardboard box they came in. The coffee was excellent. The place obviously does weddings and banquets, and one rarely attends such events for the food. How to explain the crowds of people? There are many people with mediocre taste in food.

• Visited November 2013
Rahway, New Jersey
“It was ok.”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The atmosphere is really nice for their Sunday brunch but a bit noisy with all the people there. The food was not wonderful but pretty good. The service was good, but I don't think the price was worth the visit.

Visited April 2013
Edison, New Jersey
“Keep it dark”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This place is dark, keep it that way. I'm scared to see with the lights on. Okay food here, vegetarians, don't bother, the noodles were not good at all. This place has dark wood panels. Truth is i don't like it here, my wife and girls seemed okay with it.

• Visited June 2013
Corozal
“Ok!not bad,great beautiful surroundings”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ok!not bad,great beautiful surroundings.Food was very good.wait staff competent.near highway 22.Food is rather pricey.Not gourmet style.recommend fresh fish,live lobster

• Visited July 2012