“Darby Road is a great addition to Scotch Plains”

Darby Road Public House and Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The place is new so they need time to work out the kinks. The design is nice and I like the layout albeit a bit loud. We were there around 5 PM on Sunday with a baby. It was pretty empty but the hostess couldn't seem to decide where to put us. She sat us with a high chair but failed to give us menus. I had to ask a passing waiter. The food came pretty quick and was delicious. The french onion soup dumplings were awesome. However, I had the fish and chips and while excellent, the portion size was smaller than I expected for pub fare. I basically got three large fish sticks on a basket of fries. Our glasses were never refilled and there was no offer to do so. I had to ask for refills but still never got it. In summation, service to portion size to price does not make sense in my experience. There are much better deals on pub fare in the area. However, I will give them time to hone their craft and then try again. There were several other menu options I would like to try. I think they are a good addition to our town and I hope they succeed.

Date of visit: November 2012

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our waitress,Autumn, was professional and knowledgeable about the unique items on the menu (everything from Irish Tacos to Bangers and Mash.) We enjoyed the Shrimp Po'Boy, Shephard's Pie and the Darby Road classic burger. Entrees were plentiful and tasty. We arrived at noon and enjoyed delightful conversation until more patrons filled the restaurant. The level of NOISE became unbearable. Voices rose and rose to be heard. We hope the restaurant corrects this negative aspect SOON!

1  Thank PatriciaN975
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our first visit to the newly opened Darby Road, we were greeted by a friendly hostess. The decor has a nice modern pub feel. We started off with the soft pretzels and cheddar sauce dip...very good. I had the Fish and Chips...great quality fish and batter as well as fries. My wife had the Flat Iron Steak...perfectly cooked, tender and juicy. My daughter had the kids Mac n Cheese...she liked it. They also have a good supply of beer choices.

Date of visit: October 2012