“Intolerable customer service ruined the experience. I won't return”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hung Shanghai Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 49 Restaurants in Scotch Plains
Cuisines: Chinese
Fanwood, New Jersey
“Intolerable customer service ruined the experience. I won't return”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I'm disappointed to have to say that I will never go back here after the horrendous treatment we received. We ate here and ordered out (despite the fact that they do not deliver) several times, and the food was better than most Chinese in the area, albeit a bit more expensive and inconvenient to have to pick up. I ordered the same dish every time I went:srimp with black bean sauce (with string beans). The first few times I reiterated that I wanted the string beans, and was informed that that's the way the dish is now made.
After ordering this 4 or 5 times, I ordered take out and got home to find that there were mixed vegetables (which I don't eat). I called immediately and got nothing but "that's how it comes, OK?" and "you already took it home, so nothing we can do." I offered to come back and reiterated that I hadn't touched the food, and that I have ordered this several times and it was not the same. Rather than being apologetic or trying to help, they told me that I had NEVER eaten there before and proceeded to argue with me, basically accusing me of lying. I asked for the owner or manager "John" who refused to talk to me.
I threw away the food and I'll never go back. too bad because the food was decent, but certainly not worth it.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank DelicouslyYours14

Plainfield, New Jersey
“This is a Racist Establishment”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My family went to dinner tonight at Hung's Shanghai Restaurant on Park Ave. in Scotch Plains, NJ. to celebrate my sisters birthday. The waitress was rude and her tone was highly inappropriate from the moment we sat down. We will never eat at this establishment or recommend Hung's to anyone. We feel that we were mistreated because of our race. I am appalled that my senior citizen parents, siblings and children had to witness this.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Benita515
Plainfield
“Love the Food!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great food, Great atmosphere and Great Service. Have been here several times and the food is always consistent. This restaurant is good for a romantic evening or lunch with friends. Nice and quiet and the food is so fresh. A little on the expensive side but you get what you pay for. I would have given them 5 stars if they had delivery.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kim P
New Jersey
“We LOVE Hung's”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We've been going to Hung's for great Chinese food for the past 20 years and we always have a good experience.
Whether eating in or taking out the staff is friendly, the place is clean and the food is delicious.
Their pork lo mein is the best around.
The prices are very reasonable.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Irishys
New Jersey
“Pricier then expected”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent. I loved the pork fried rice. It is the best I ever had. The noodles are homemade and amazing. Calling ahead if you are taking out food would be key. My son enjoyed watching the koi fish while we waited.

2 Thank TipsonRoadTripping