“Good Food. Reasonable prices. Slow service.”

The Scotchwood Diner
Ranked #28 of 49 Restaurants in Scotch Plains
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Three of us ate lkunch there today. All ordered something different. Food was delivered reasonably promptly and both looked and tasted very good. The only complaint was that the waitress, for most of the meal, was out of sight. When we wanted refills of our drinks, we had to ask another waitress to find ours. Same thing happened when we were done and wanted our check. Other than that, the place is quite good.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

After several average visits, we were served bad meat. They did not look surprised , did apologize but still charged us for it.

1  Thank creb111
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I went here with my boyfriend for a late night dinner. While our server was nice, we both suspected that she had a bit to drink. She was slurry and swaying and often leaned on the table or our shoulders while talking. The food was awful. Even the salad that came with my boyfriends entree was wilted and old. The sauce on the chicken Parmesan tasted ketchupy. The pita on my gyro was stale. I won't be returning.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

For the diner category, I would rate this Good (vs Average but no Good category). The cheeseburgers are excellent and great kids menu.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The management of this diner needs a serious course in customer service, hygienic appearance, and staff training.

The evening manager needs personal grooming and has no place in a food establishment. When my sister and I last visited, the waitresses actually argued within our earshot about which of them would "have" to serve us! My only compliment is that they have good coleslaw. Never will I return.