“Great value, great food (buffet)”
Review of Red Pepper

Red Pepper
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have visited this restaurant a few times for the Indian buffet. Every dish was excellent, and there was a wide variety from which to choose. (There were at least ten choices, mostly chicken or vegetarian dishes). The Tandoori chicken was especially moist and delicious, and I went back for a second helping of the jasmine rice and chicken tikka masala. (Not sure I spelled those correctly, but they tasted great). My husband had not been there before, and he was very impressed. The entire bill was about $26, tax and tip included - you cannot beat that price for that quality. The chef has a really subtle touch with the spices - nothing was overpowering; instead, the flavors really stood out beautifully.

The buffet is only offered from 12-3 daily, so you can't get it for dinner. I have had dinner there, and the food is excellent, but it's more fun to have the buffet to try many different items.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We eat at the Red Pepper buffet lunch often on weekends. It is consistently one of the best tasting Indian meals we can get in the area, and quite inexpensive as far as costs go for Indian lunch buffets. I would say that they have an apt number of dishes on the buffet - not overwhelming as some of the other ones. But the quality of each dish, every time we've visited, has been excellent, and that's what counts with us. The ambience is nice too, and it makes for a very nice weekend lunch outing. Definitely try this out sometime

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Have been to the restaurant a number of times, and the food is consistently terrific. Lunch buffet is varied. Service is consistently excellent.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

The food here is excellent - everything cooked to order. Recent price increases make it an expensive meal - three of us came close to $80 which is on the high side for Indian Food. Still - the food quality is well worth it.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is our place when we get Indian takeout. Very nice manager (owner?) and the food is ready when they say it will be. The food is good, and they ask what spice level you want and I feel that they do a good job matching what we ask for (we like some mild; others spicier) but if I was going out to eat, I'd drive over to Edison.