“Great Lighthouse”

More attraction details
Owner description: Site of the oldest lighthouse in America.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very airy.Lots of green grass and picinic ares.A very calm and quiet experence. You are allowed to go to the top of one of the lighthouses. There is a great breeze which travels thru the top of the light house it seems all the time. The view looks out to Sandy Hook beach are. A little site of New York on a clear day.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Sand was great, the facilties were clean and waves nice. Also, if you have a Senior Pass from Nat Parks it applies to this National Gateway -- You get 1/2 price for your carload.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I often visit the Sandy Hook park to photograph the sunset and Jersey shore skylines. The beach is close by with several biking and walking trails. The beach is busy during the season from Memorial day to Labor Day. My favorite times are off-season when it feels like I have the beach and park to myself.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you are interested in clothing optional beaches with fantastic views this is the spot for you. There is quite a walk from the parking area G to the water, so it is not for the "unfit". BYOB or you can actually purchase drinks( limited) at a stand on the beach during the regular season.

2  Thank Brian D
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've been to Sandy Hook several times but the last time I went, I went to the bay side. We took our dog with us, and even though she had on frontline, she was covered in ticks! The beach wasn't too crowded and the parking was easy.

4  Thank cathyck1