“Salem City Cafe”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Visit Salem City Cafe and Bar in the heart of historic Salem to experience big city dining with small town charm. Our menu offers a mix of cuisine from across the globe and changes with the seasons. The contemporary decor and all American music creates a lively atmosphere. We have live acoustic music and drink specials every Saturday evening and frequently host special events including our very popular monthly wine and food pairing prepared personally by the owners.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This place is at the main intersection in the down-at-the- heels county seat of Salem County,New Jersey. It is an unexpected delight. Hearing the story from locals about how it exists is part of the pleasure of dining here. But the menu, ambiance and service would make it stand out almost anywhere. Plan to eat here after you have carefully planned your day trip to Salem, a place which the county administration seems to do its best to deprive of tourist dollars. Like the restaurant, the county is an undiscovered treasure.

1  Thank abw67

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stopped here for an early dinner, and what a surprise. I'm in my 50s, been eating crab cakes my whole life--and these were the best I've ever had. Great service, too. We'll be back.

1  Thank BaileyC55
Reviewed November 19, 2011

The Salem City Cafe is situated in a beautifully restored historic building in the historic town of Salem, NJ. The food here is fantastic, truly up to par with more upscale establishments found in larger cities. The staff is friendly and welcoming and the small lounge is cozy and comfortable. One of my favorite meals at the cafe was in March when they served traditional Irish fare. I had the Guiness Stew and it was quite tasty and filling. The prices are a bit more expensive than you may expect in such a small town but in my opinion the food, service and atmosphere are well worth it!

1  Thank bgtg2