“My Home Away From Home”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saddle River
Clearwater, Florida
“My Home Away From Home”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is the email I shared with the managers of the hotel right before I checked out after a 4 month stay:

Mr. Finney,

My name is James and I have been staying at the Residence Inn Saddle River, NJ for the last four months.

I was hired as a Franchise Business Consultant and as part of my new position I began a very intense training process that has lasted for the last four months. I wanted to take a moment to share with you my experience during my staying here during this training.

From the moment I arrived at the hotel I was greeted with the utmost professionalism and kindness that a guest could possibly receive. The accommodations at this location are impeccable and that is the result of an outstanding housekeeping team. Each day they make sure that my room is clean, bright and smells delightful. They work so hard to make sure that all areas of the hotel are kept clean and ready for any guest to enjoy and they do it, often, without recognition from the guests here. They are a dedicated team and deserve a big thank you.

Throughout the majority of my stay I was unable to make it back to the hotel in time to enjoy the evening meal as I typically finished work at 9:00 PM. Without any hesitation Doris made sure that I had a meal every evening. Doris touched my heart and made me feel like one of her own children in the way she took care of me and I cannot say enough about her. Monday through Wednesday evenings Doris always made sure to save me a meal so when I came "HOME" from work I would have a meal waiting for me. I cannot tell you how much this means to me after a long day but I am sure you can imagine. In the mornings on the weekends I always looked forward to coming into the clubhouse to see Doris and give her a great big huge and a thank you for the weeks meal. Living on the road is difficult but when you come home to a home cooked meal it makes it feel a little more like home. I want to share that I am not the only person that is made to feel like one of Doris' children. You see each weekend morning that I came into the clubhouse you would see Doris there talking to and helping everyone that was enjoying breakfast. She always checks on each table of business people and families to make sure they are happy and have everything they need. She is one of the sweetest women I have met and so very caring. If I owned a hotel I would certainly try and hire her away from you (haha). She is the perfect example of what every team member should aspire to be like. Thank you so much to Doris for her caring personality and kindness during my stay.

The evenings that I would come in late to pick up dinner I was often greeted by Janet. I cannot explain to you how Janet's smile can change your mood almost immediately. After a 13-14 hour day of work and being drained of energy both physically and mentally I knew that I could count on walking through the front doors of the hotel and seeing Janet's bright smile that instantly made me feel better. She is an amazing woman that has been there for me every evening when I come home and I thank her for all of her help and kindness during my stay here. Thank you to Janet for all of her kindness and help during my stay.

Often times in the morning I would bring my dry cleaning over to be sent out for the day and Brian would be at the front desk. Brian was always very professional and helpful to me when I was in need of something. Throughout the snowy winter here I would often have to borrow a snow brush to clean off my car and Brian made sure that I had what I needed. He is an outstanding team member who provides great customer service to everyone he comes in contact with. Any time I needed to get copies of my statement and work out what has been charged up to a certain point Brian helped me out. He was quick to respond to my requests and helped walk me through each page of the charges to I could understand how it was broken down. Thank you to Brian for all of his help.

At check-in I was greeted by Jessica with a great big smile and warm welcome. I was starving and asked about local restaurants in the area and Jessica was quick to respond with some of the best place to go and she supplied me with menus for all of the restaurants in the area. She gave me advice on the best places to get delivery and the best places to go for a sit down meal. Throughout my time here she has shown me great respect and kindness in any of my requests or just in general. She always says hello and greets me when I come into the building and it is wonderful to have someone recognize your presence. I encourage this with each of my clients and I would recommend that my clients watch how Jessica treats the guests here at the hotel and apply that to their business and customers. Thank you to Jessica for all of her help.

Alison is manages much of the team here has been an amazing example of how great leadership shows in the rest of the team. From her caring demeanor and exemplary customer service skills an amazing team has been developed. Several times this winter we had large snow falls that caused chaos around New Jersey however you never felt that here at the hotel. I would often receive a message from Alison sharing her concerns on the road and wishing us safe travels if we had to leave the hotel. As I made changes to extend my reservation Alison helped me make the arrangements and made sure that everything was in place for my stay and that I would not have to move rooms or be inconvenienced. Thank you Alison for all of your help.

Mr. Finney, I hope you take the time to read this email and share with not only with the team here at the hotel but also with your team members and those up the ladder at Marriott so they know just how wonderful this team and my experience has been with Marriott.

In my previous position as a consultant I stayed at Hilton Hotels but after this experience I am now a Marriott Man!

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or if you would like more information.

Thank you to all for making my stay feel like I was at home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jpatchett
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello Mr. Patchett,

Once again, from the bottom of ALL ours hearts, thank you so much for your amazing compliments. It was such a pleasure to have you stay with us and become part of our family. It is people like you that make our jobs so special and a smile on our face everyday. Even though you have been gone for some time now, always remember that you have a home here in Saddle River. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there is ANYTHING that I can help you with in the future. We will all be glad to help any way we can. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Residence Inn off and on for close to 20 days already this year and I have to say I really like it. It's in a great location (assuming you need to be in Northern NJ) relative to 17 and the GSP.

The suite and studio rooms are well laid out and well appointed. They have a good breakfast and scheduled evening apps (although I have yet to make one).

The staff is helpful and friendly.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that it was conveniently located for your traveling needs. Besides the easily accessable highways, we are conveniently located near several NJ Transit lines which allow easy and convenient travel to visit New York City as well.

I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all the amenities our guest rooms have to offer. Being that we are an Extended Stay hotel, we aim to be your “home away from home". I do hope that you will come to visit Miss Doris during our Social Hour. She really will make you feel at home with some nice evening treats. We really enjoy making that time for our guests a special one. We recently celebrated Mardi Gras with some Gumbo and King Cake and we are looking forward to St. Patrick's Day celebrations!!!

Once again, thank you for your great comments. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything that we can assist you with!!!

Thank you!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here numerous times the past year and have had issues most every time with the rooms being well cleaned and maintained. No heat…No blankets….Broken faucets...Dirty rooms…Dishes and silverware with food on them…Bedsheets with other peoples hairs and stains on them…Cleaning people yelling down the hallways to each other in forge in languages at 730 am..Coffee cups dirty and put back in the cupboard.(see photo) White substance dribbled on the couch. Toilets that wobble. Faucets that are broken. Crumbs on carpet. Have been given different rooms…points…apologies, and still the place is dirty and not 'like home'. This past time, here are the coffee mugs we woke up to in the cabinet!! Gross. I do not care about free points, Bloody Valentines events,..Halloween events…'Im Sorrys'…I DO want the clean reliable CLEAN Residence Inn that I loved , back again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, this hotel is not what it used to be. Dirty.Disgusting.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank john d
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn: Saddle River.

You indicated in your response that your room cleanliness was unsatisfactory and not properly maintained. Please accept our sincere apologies for this. Our hotel strives to achieve your complete satisfaction each and every stay. As you stated in your response, this is not the norm for our property. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as we are always looking for feedback on ways that we can improve our services for our guests. I can assure you that I will be bringing these issues to my Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer and these issues will be addressed. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. I do hope that you will reach out to me so that we can discuss these matters further.

Alison Kenney
Assistant General Manager
Saddleriveragm@ih-corp.com
Keedysville, Maryland
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was the best hotel stay i have ever experianced. The staff was incredable and the accomedations were outstanding. We did not have to leave the location to experiance a great trip. I couldnt believe it when we arrived that an incrediable breakfast and dinner awaited us every morning and night. I felt like i was in a small community and could not beileve how well taken care of we were by the most friendly staff. Kitchen staff made if feel as if you were eating at a nice restaurant every night. Managment was very visable and went to every length to be sure we were comfortable. People of notice are: Lori in sales, Doris in kitchen, Brian and Dwayne at the front desk and Alison in managment. These people got to know us and made the stay feel so familliar. The room as beautiful and fully functional and comfortable. The variety of choices of rooms made any group size feel at home. The only improvement would be to insulate the windows a bit more. Cold drafts made it difficult to heat. I would definitely stay there again.

Green Features: I liked the idea that i could choose when my room needed cleaned and what services i needed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lisa Marie B,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our commitment to our guests is to make sure that their stay is nothing short of exceptional. I am so happy to hear that we achieved our goal during your visit. I am also very pleased to hear that you were able enjoy our complimentary Breakfast and Social Hour. Here at the Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would except in your own home. I have shared your kind words with my team and they were beyond delighted with it. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs.
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family and I travel exclusively through Marriott hotels and this location gives the typical Residence Inn experience when it comes to breakfast, cleanliness, and overall decor. No complaints there......but that's where the similarities end. Let me begin with the smell. Our floor, of our building (the hotel is broken into many different buildings) had an awful smell that seemed to last the entire stay. I gave the benefit of the doubt, assuming it would clear out, but it never did. We did call the front desk, who sent someone on a "pass through" to check it out, but nothing was ever done and it never let up. In their defense, I was offered a chance to move rooms (to another building), but the weather was bad and we just got in and unpacked from a long drive.....again, assuming the smell would pass. My only real additional complaint was with the bedroom window. The draft coming though created about a 30 degree drop in temp for anyone within 6 feet (also known as "my side of the bed"). We used extra linens and towels to block it as much as possible, but it wasn't 100%.

As for location, this place is absolutely perfect for where we typically stay in NY/NJ (visiting family). I would love to know that we have a favorite, but we may need to venture a few more miles next time and stay at the Courtyard. First impressions are hard to overcome.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BM79
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. We always appreciate feedback of our hotel as we are always interested in hearing new ways of improving our services for our guests. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast; which is just one of the many complimentary services you have come to love with our Residence Inn properties. I am also happy that our location meets your traveling needs. Being located in a close vicinity to several major highways makes traveling “to and from” quite convenient. We do keep a team member at the Front Desk, 24 hours a day, for any requests or needs that you may encounter during your stay. Making sure that you have a comfortable and relaxing stay is a top priority of ours. Here at our Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would except in your own home. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you just how great all of our services are. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We were at a client all day during a nj snow storm and found that the roads were impassable

This hotel is next to my client in allendale. We went over without a reservation and were accommodated with no fuss.

They served food in the lobby restaurant and made a real travel problem into a calm evening.

Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Tallguyrich
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review. Making sure that all our guests have a safe place to stay during stormy weather is an extreme priority of ours. I am very happy to hear that you decided not to take any chances and weather the storm here at our Residence Inn in Saddle River. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and your co-workers. Should the weather get to sever, we do have back up generators that will help provide all the basic needs you would expect to have on a bright and sunny day. I am also happy to hear that not only did you have a safe place to stay, that you were able to partake in our complimentary Social hour. I hope that you did save time before your long journey home to enjoy our complimentary breakfast as well. I do hope that if you find yourself visiting our area again that you will keep us in mind for all your traveling needs!
Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am a Marriott platinum member and stayed here last week. I was very disappointed with my room as it was on the highway side of the hotel and quite noisy. Aside from that, the room was suitable. Their breakfast was the typical Residence Inn fare.

There are a number of Marriott properties in New Jersey, and I will be sure to choose different one next time. It is not worth the risk of experiencing a sleepless night on the highway side again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Hello WeakkneesWillie,

Making sure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay is of great importance to us here at the Residence Inn Saddle River. I am very sorry that you experienced a sleepless night.

With a Front Desk team that runs 24 hours a day, our guests can call down with any requests or needs that they may encounter during their stay. Our commitment to our guests is to make sure that their stay is nothing short of exceptional.

Many guests take advantage of our Marriott Rewards program where you can list all special requests. Our team reviews these requests daily and makes any necessary changes to insure complete comfort prior to your arrival. This can include desired locations, special allergies, or any extra items needed in the room.

On the other hand, I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the amenities of our guest room as well as our complimentary breakfast. We also serve a complimentary Social hour and I hope you were able to enjoy that as well.

Should you find yourself visiting our area again that you will give us another opportunity to show you why we are the leading Extended Stay hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saddle River
Park Ridge Marriott
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Park Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah

Been to Residence Inn Saddle River? Share your experiences!