“Great place. ”

Residence Inn Saddle River
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saddle River
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Residence Inn off and on for close to 20 days already this year and I have to say I really like it. It's in a great location (assuming you need to be in Northern NJ) relative to 17 and the GSP.

The suite and studio rooms are well laid out and well appointed. They have a good breakfast and scheduled evening apps (although I have yet to make one).

The staff is helpful and friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that it was conveniently located for your traveling needs. Besides the easily accessable highways, we are conveniently located near several NJ Transit lines which allow easy and convenient travel to visit New York City as well.

I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy all the amenities our guest rooms have to offer. Being that we are an Extended Stay hotel, we aim to be your “home away from home". I do hope that you will come to visit Miss Doris during our Social Hour. She really will make you feel at home with some nice evening treats. We really enjoy making that time for our guests a special one. We recently celebrated Mardi Gras with some Gumbo and King Cake and we are looking forward to St. Patrick's Day celebrations!!!

Once again, thank you for your great comments. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please feel free to reach out to us if there is anything that we can assist you with!!!

Thank you!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here numerous times the past year and have had issues most every time with the rooms being well cleaned and maintained. No heat…No blankets….Broken faucets...Dirty rooms…Dishes and silverware with food on them…Bedsheets with other peoples hairs and stains on them…Cleaning people yelling down the hallways to each other in forge in languages at 730 am..Coffee cups dirty and put back in the cupboard.(see photo) White substance dribbled on the couch. Toilets that wobble. Faucets that are broken. Crumbs on carpet. Have been given different rooms…points…apologies, and still the place is dirty and not 'like home'. This past time, here are the coffee mugs we woke up to in the cabinet!! Gross. I do not care about free points, Bloody Valentines events,..Halloween events…'Im Sorrys'…I DO want the clean reliable CLEAN Residence Inn that I loved , back again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, this hotel is not what it used to be. Dirty.Disgusting.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank john d
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Residence Inn: Saddle River.

You indicated in your response that your room cleanliness was unsatisfactory and not properly maintained. Please accept our sincere apologies for this. Our hotel strives to achieve your complete satisfaction each and every stay. As you stated in your response, this is not the norm for our property. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention as we are always looking for feedback on ways that we can improve our services for our guests. I can assure you that I will be bringing these issues to my Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer and these issues will be addressed. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. I do hope that you will reach out to me so that we can discuss these matters further.

Alison Kenney
Assistant General Manager
Saddleriveragm@ih-corp.com

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This was the best hotel stay i have ever experianced. The staff was incredable and the accomedations were outstanding. We did not have to leave the location to experiance a great trip. I couldnt believe it when we arrived that an incrediable breakfast and dinner awaited us every morning and night. I felt like i was in a small community and could not beileve how well taken care of we were by the most friendly staff. Kitchen staff made if feel as if you were eating at a nice restaurant every night. Managment was very visable and went to every length to be sure we were comfortable. People of notice are: Lori in sales, Doris in kitchen, Brian and Dwayne at the front desk and Alison in managment. These people got to know us and made the stay feel so familliar. The room as beautiful and fully functional and comfortable. The variety of choices of rooms made any group size feel at home. The only improvement would be to insulate the windows a bit more. Cold drafts made it difficult to heat. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Lisa Marie B,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our commitment to our guests is to make sure that their stay is nothing short of exceptional. I am so happy to hear that we achieved our goal during your visit. I am also very pleased to hear that you were able enjoy our complimentary Breakfast and Social Hour. Here at the Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would except in your own home. I have shared your kind words with my team and they were beyond delighted with it. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family and I travel exclusively through Marriott hotels and this location gives the typical Residence Inn experience when it comes to breakfast, cleanliness, and overall decor. No complaints there......but that's where the similarities end. Let me begin with the smell. Our floor, of our building (the hotel is broken into many different buildings) had an awful smell that seemed to last the entire stay. I gave the benefit of the doubt, assuming it would clear out, but it never did. We did call the front desk, who sent someone on a "pass through" to check it out, but nothing was ever done and it never let up. In their defense, I was offered a chance to move rooms (to another building), but the weather was bad and we just got in and unpacked from a long drive.....again, assuming the smell would pass. My only real additional complaint was with the bedroom window. The draft coming though created about a 30 degree drop in temp for anyone within 6 feet (also known as "my side of the bed"). We used extra linens and towels to block it as much as possible, but it wasn't 100%.

As for location, this place is absolutely perfect for where we typically stay in NY/NJ (visiting family). I would love to know that we have a favorite, but we may need to venture a few more miles next time and stay at the Courtyard. First impressions are hard to overcome.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BM79
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. We always appreciate feedback of our hotel as we are always interested in hearing new ways of improving our services for our guests. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast; which is just one of the many complimentary services you have come to love with our Residence Inn properties. I am also happy that our location meets your traveling needs. Being located in a close vicinity to several major highways makes traveling “to and from” quite convenient. We do keep a team member at the Front Desk, 24 hours a day, for any requests or needs that you may encounter during your stay. Making sure that you have a comfortable and relaxing stay is a top priority of ours. Here at our Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would except in your own home. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you just how great all of our services are. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We were at a client all day during a nj snow storm and found that the roads were impassable

This hotel is next to my client in allendale. We went over without a reservation and were accommodated with no fuss.

They served food in the lobby restaurant and made a real travel problem into a calm evening.

Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Tallguyrich
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your kind review. Making sure that all our guests have a safe place to stay during stormy weather is an extreme priority of ours. I am very happy to hear that you decided not to take any chances and weather the storm here at our Residence Inn in Saddle River. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and your co-workers. Should the weather get to sever, we do have back up generators that will help provide all the basic needs you would expect to have on a bright and sunny day. I am also happy to hear that not only did you have a safe place to stay, that you were able to partake in our complimentary Social hour. I hope that you did save time before your long journey home to enjoy our complimentary breakfast as well. I do hope that if you find yourself visiting our area again that you will keep us in mind for all your traveling needs!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I am a Marriott platinum member and stayed here last week. I was very disappointed with my room as it was on the highway side of the hotel and quite noisy. Aside from that, the room was suitable. Their breakfast was the typical Residence Inn fare.

There are a number of Marriott properties in New Jersey, and I will be sure to choose different one next time. It is not worth the risk of experiencing a sleepless night on the highway side again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Hello WeakkneesWillie,

Making sure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay is of great importance to us here at the Residence Inn Saddle River. I am very sorry that you experienced a sleepless night.

With a Front Desk team that runs 24 hours a day, our guests can call down with any requests or needs that they may encounter during their stay. Our commitment to our guests is to make sure that their stay is nothing short of exceptional.

Many guests take advantage of our Marriott Rewards program where you can list all special requests. Our team reviews these requests daily and makes any necessary changes to insure complete comfort prior to your arrival. This can include desired locations, special allergies, or any extra items needed in the room.

On the other hand, I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the amenities of our guest room as well as our complimentary breakfast. We also serve a complimentary Social hour and I hope you were able to enjoy that as well.

Should you find yourself visiting our area again that you will give us another opportunity to show you why we are the leading Extended Stay hotel.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

huge rooms as expected from a Residence Inn, cool layout to the property for long term stays. Here's the kicker though, they're a pet friendly spot-and if work is being done on the house and there is no water/electricity/HVAC at home-pack up the wife and pups and live like a human being until your contractors get it together. Solid and quiet place so the canines didn't get out of line at unfamiliar noises or the highway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear MarkAXA,

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to bring your family, even the four legged furry ones. Here at the Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would expect in your own home. I do hope that you were able to take advantage of all the other amenities that we provide as well; such as the 24 hours gym, complementary breakfast and Social hour, and our Fire Pit.

Should you find yourself in a situation again, that you will think of coming back “home” again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saddle River
Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
Park Ridge Marriott
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Park Ridge

Been to Residence Inn Saddle River? Share your experiences!