“Great and Quiet Place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saddle River
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great and Quiet Place”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for just one night, in our way to Washington DC. From the moment we got it, Deb (front desk) was able to check us in in just few minutes, considering that she was multitasking. That's customer service. She was very friendly, and customer-oriented. The room was clean, ideal for a small family of 4 (One Bedroom). The facilities are typical for a Residence Inn. The good side of this particular hotel, is that is very accessible to the main routes, shopping centers and restaurants while is in a very quiet area.
The breakfast was great (typical menu for Residence Inn), but again the personnel made the difference. They were very friendly with all the guests.
Keep in mind that this hotel does not have indoor pool, but still, it's great for long business or pleasure stays. We will definitely stay again in the future. Kudos to all the staff at this location.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor. they have elevators, and these floors are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Ramon_from_Boston
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Ramon -
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. We are very proud of Deb as she just received her degree in Hospitality. I think you must agree she has definitely found her calling. Even as a die-hard NY Yankee fan (which is hard to be right now) Deb still does everything she can to serve our guests from Boston and around the world.

While our seasonal pool was closed for your trip I hope you had a chance to utilize our guest sports court and outdoor fire pit. They can be a nice way to relax after a long day or before our evening social.

Thank you again for your comments. We stand ready to serve you again on your future visits to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We needed to stay a couple of nights to regroup after being with friends and family for the week. We used Marriott points the first night and they could not have been more accommodating and friendly. From the front desk staff all the way to the manager, they offered the most incredible service that we have ever received at a hotel...and we do a lot of traveling. They were even able to offer a military discount on the second night and we could not have been happier. It's off Route 17 (always a nightmare) which was nice to see and the amenities they offer are similar to Homewood Suites, which we stay at often. It is super clean and the separate rooms were both very comfortable.

This is the only hotel we will stay at in this area from now on. Keep up the good work! I can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed April 2013
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Lisa D – On behalf of the team here at the Residence Inn Saddle River I can not thank you enough for your kind words. Our team truly works hard to make every guest experience a special one. Your comments helps them know their hard work does not go unrecognized. If you need to “regroup” or just plain relax we would love to have you visit again. (Our pool will open soon so bring your swim suit).
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 28, 2013

A pretty good RI. Convenient location off 17 South, minutes from the Parkway. Rooms are clean and bed comfortable. Good b-fast and a light dinner selection 4 nights a week. I miss the free beer and wine -- but, such is life these day, everyone cutting back.
The only gripe I had is there were no luggage carts when I checked in (made 4 trips to the car) and none when I checked out! Seems people horde them or something at this place. Never saw that happen before - very strange.
All in all, a good place.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Hwy 17 are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GM122, Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy our complimentary Breakfast and Social Hour. We also keep a staff member at the Front Desk, 24 hours a day, for any requests or needs that you may encounter durring your stay. Here at the Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would excpet in your own home. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My hubby and I wanted a quiet place to ring in the new year so I booked 1 night at this hotel. I love Residence Inn in general, but this room was just lovely. It was clean and comfortable and most importantly quiet.

The front desk staff was courteous and helpful as I expected.

New Years Day morning I was honestly SHOCKED to see how many people came down for breakfast. It was stunning to me that that many people where on the property and we never heard a peep. I would have thought that the hotel was empty.

The good was good, everyone was nice and they have a liberal late check out policy. What more could I ask for?

Room Tip: I have stayed here 2x before. Both rooms where nice, but I like the layout of the end rooms better...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate all feedback of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to ring in the New Year with a great stay with us! Here at the Residence Inn, we strive to be your "home away from home" and provide you with all the comforts you would excpet in your own home. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs.
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at this Residence Inn on New Years Eve, to be close to, but away from New York City. It is located in a beautiful, small town-like setting where all the homes were decorated nicely for Christmas. There had been a light snow fall, and any of these homes could have been plucked out of a movie. There was nothing exceptional about this Residence Inn, but their rates were much less than any of the other places we checked. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was comfortable, and we did not experience anything negative. We ate at the nearby Allendale Bar & Grill and had a very good meal in this warm little tavern. If you are needing to be relatively close to the city, but for whatever reason, the rates everywhere else seem to be through the roof, I would be sure and check this hotel. They were significantly less than another New Jersey hotel where we usually stay, but which I now know is even farther away from the city that Saddle River.

Room Tip: We didn't explore all around this hotel, but it appeared to us to be pretty much in a residentia...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn - Saddle River. We appreciate all feedback of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that it was conveniently located for your traveling needs. I must say that we do have a wonderful staff and I am glad that we were able to accomidated any requests you may have had. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me for any reservation needs.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn five times from June, 2012, through December, 2012, including a three-week stay in October. We could not have hoped for more from a hotel. During the summer we enjoyed the pool. On all stays we enjoyed the delicious breakfast buffet every morning. We also ate some of the light dinners that are available Monday through Thursday. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and well-stocked with everything needed for dining in or cooking ourselves. The staff (including front desk, food service, housekeeping, general manager and assistant general manager) was all excellent--friendly, helpful and concerned about our comfort. We requested and received first floor rooms away from the highway and near the grassy areas (which we needed because we had our dog with us the first 4 trips). The location was very well-situated for us--close to the veterinary facility we were utilizing and convenient to any needed stores, restaurants, banks and gas stations. (All of which were very helpful, because our October trip wasn't planned for 3 weeks and we had to restock many items we needed). All of our 5 stays were very good experiences and we will stay at this Residence Inn again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for the nice review and I am happy that all of your 5 stays with us were enjoyable and pleasant. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary buffet and light dinner fare during the week. We strive to allow our guests to thrive during their stay and am pleased to see my staff was able to accomodate your room request so your pet could be comfortable as well. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and feel free to reach out to me personally for any of your reservation needs.
Boston
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Craig- we recently stayed for a weekend while visiting family in the area. Due to the friendly, attentive and professional nature of your front desk staff, particularly Anura we had an excellent stay. We found the hotel to be clean, centrally located for our needs and a responsive friendly Anura at the front desk. He not only helped us get acclimated from the area after traveling from MA, but also was able to direct me to the local restaurants and was ready to assist me at 11:30pm when I had to find the local walgreens for a child's needs. Please pass this along to your staff, and if we are in the area again, we will certainly be staying with you. Happy holidays to you and your wonderful staff! Regards, Joe

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GM122, General Manager at Residence Inn Saddle River, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for the nice review Joe, we greatly appreciate it. Whether you arrive during the day or at night our guest services staff is ready to take care of you. Anura has been a team member for many years and he enjoys taking care of his guests and his repeat guests that he has grown close to over the years. We value all of our guests business and strive to be the best hotel with the best people taking care of our guests. Have a great holiday season and look forward to your return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saddle River
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Park Ridge
Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah

Been to Residence Inn Saddle River? Share your experiences!