“Noisy, poorly trained staff. Okay for families, for short periods of time.”

Saddle Brook Marriott
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saddle Brook
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my family, for 1 night. The hotel is located off of I 80, near several restaurants and shopping areas. Unfortunately there are train tracks nearby with an intermittent train whistle blowing.

Check in was quick and check in staff were friendly. We were unable to get a room on an upper level, and were given a room on the first floor across from the pool. One night, no big deal, big mistake.

The room was a good size, clean, but somewhat dated. There was faded graffiti
(yes graffiti) on the wallpaper in the
room.

There's not much noise from the highway but a lot of noise from guests and this seems a popular Marriott for wedding parties. Don't expect to get much sleep.

You can't expect to sleep in, either, as the pool cleaning are busy and noisy early, with screaming kids using the pool at a little after 8 am.

Staff were friendly and helpful but had the habit of walking into your room
without knocking or after a single knock.

A breakfast buffet came with our package and had a wide variety of hot and cold items, including fresh fruit. Waitstaff were very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed December 11, 2010

So-so hotel (IF YOU'RE DEAF)!
I have stayed at this property no less than 20 times and its always the same routine: trashy wedding or holiday parties or dorks en-masse attending a corporate event.
BE PREPARED TO GET NO SLEEP, courtesy of the animals that shack-up at this dive. If slamming doors, drunks running in the halls and listening to grunting and groping in the surrounding rooms are to your liking, then this dump is for you!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stayed at this Marriott for New Years Eve. The staff was helpful and the hotel is clean and safe. I have visited the restaurant at this location when guests have been visiting and always enjoyed it.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2010

The staff in every department was polite, professional, and helpful. The staff equaled that of any five star hotel that we have stayed at recently.

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of he food at the hotel. It was amazing and the room service was very fast.

Our stay was arranged by the bride who grow up near by. The bathroom in our room was tiny with awful lighting. The bed was comfortable. If the rooms were updated, this would be a five star experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 8 days the end of May for my Daughter's wedding. We booked approx. 60 or 70 room nights. Dealing with the sales staff was a nightmare starting in October. They didn't follow through with calls or return calls. You would think in this economic times they would want the business. The problems continued for months. The only reason we decided to use the hotel the General Manager in March got involved and became our contact. My daughter booked a breakfast for our guests Memorial Day and signed the contract, I was not involved. The end of June the hotel billed my CC for $500 and in August billed my CC for another $400. I called the hotel, the GM was no longer with the hotel. I was told by Patty, they billed my CC because they couldn't find my Daughter's CC number. I asked Patty, "Is my name on the contract?" She said " NO". I asked if they had authority to bill my card? I was told NO. I asked Patty when they could find my daughters card did anyone call her? NO. I asked why didn't someone call, I could no answer. I stated to Patty whoever billed my card committed fraud, they had no authority to bill me. I did call Marriott International, that was useless. I did card my American Express Card. They opened a fraud case against the Saddlebrook Marriott. My money was refunded by AE. Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank hdefx
Reviewed September 7, 2010

If customer service matters, I will definetely go back to this hotel. From the front desk to the restaurant all the personal were fantastic! Good job Manuel, nice breakfast!
Need some renovations in bathrooms. Overall stay was good. You can't miss it, it is right on HWY1-80-excellent location.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I booked this hotel at a rate higher than the offer to the public. It is no Fairfield inn. No breakfasts nor coffee in the lobby for guests. The "in-room coffee brewer did not have a stirrer so I couldn't have my coffee there. When we arrived one of the poles that draw the blinds which was broken was lying on the bed. The shampoo amenity had been used For those who are interested in the Dunkin Dougnuts across the street, you will find they can'r handle customers.. Desk personnel and bed were very good. Since we were going for one night, I think it would have been better for us if we had chosen anything with a clean bed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#4 of 5 in Paramus
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Holiday Inn Express Paramus

Been to Saddle Brook Marriott? Share your experiences!