“Great Location and Price for the NYC Area”

Saddle Brook Marriott
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saddle Brook
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I recently had the opportunity to spend one night at the Marriott in Saddle Brook NJ. The hotel is less than 5 minutes from NYC, making it an ideal location to use as a base when visiting the area. The hotel is located just off the interstate and is easily accessible. However, my GPS had difficulty locating the address and I was told by hotel staff that this is a common problem. However, there is complimentary parking, which is nice this close to NYC. The is a commute training into the city or a bus terminal about a mile away.
The hotel does not appear to have been updated in a long time and the owners may just be content to generate business based on its location. My room was sufficient, but was smaller than I would have liked. Every inch of space seems to have been utilized. In fact, the chair in the room was almost up against the bed. The bathroom was small, but sufficient for spending one night. I was on the club level and the club itself was small and the food items were limited.
The best part of this hotel is the staff. They are very accommodating and will go out of their way to insure that guests receive what they need. Anthony and Renee were very helpful. While this Marriott leaves a great deal to be desired, considering how close it is to NYC and the costs compared to hotels in the city, this is a logical choice for the for a visit to the city for the a business trip.

Room Tip: Ask for Anthony, he will make sure you area taken care of.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 3, 2014

You know how sometimes looks can be deceiving? When I saw this property online, I wasn't overly impressed - until I got there. I checked in very late for a one-night stay. After three connecting flights and a horrible piece of pizza at the airport, I was beyond exhausted. The young woman at the front desk was beyond wonderful. I wish I could recall her name, but I do remember she had Employee of the Month on her name tag, and I know why. She must have sensed how tired I was because when I asked for a room in a quiet location, and she took the time to explain that the room assigned to me was on the concierge level and could get noisy at certain hours. After explaining my options to me, she assigned me to the room and then gave me courtesy access to the concierge lounge for breakfast. Now, that's good service! The room was small but impeccably clean. This is the first time in years I've felt comfortable walking on the hotel carpet without slippers on. No dust bunnies where the carpet meets the wall - I look for that stuff! Even the lamps were clean! The bathroom was spotless, the towels fluffy and soft, and the bedding was excellent. Crisp, clean and inviting. Turns out the room wasn't noisy until about 7 am and I was up anyway, so it turned out fine. Kudos to the great front desk team - you have a way with people and it shows. Thank you - I hope I can visit you again!

Room Tip: Concierge level is a bit noisy at breakfast hour, but other than that, rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff at this hotel goes way above and beyond to make sure your stay is as wonderful as possible. Specifically Anthony and Danielle were great. We will most certainly stay there again!!
Great place

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Small but clean rooms and very convenient to the parkway. The staff was excellent too. I didn't have a chance to do much except sleep but i was comfortable and it was very quiet. They have signs posted around quiet time even on the weekend so you know they are not going to let it they did skimp on bathroom supplies but I am sure had I asked for another towel they would of graciously supplied it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mona D
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel is excellent in delivering superior customer service for its guests! Manager Alex, along with Basheer at the front desk, and Zoila, delivered an amazing experience that I will remember. Fabulous room and dining. I will definitely return. Many thanks to you at Marriott -- you know how to make your guests happy!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary F
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I frequent this hotel almost weekly and continue to receive excellent customer service from two specific individuals. Kasey at the front desk and Julian in the concierge lounge. Kasey's wonderful and pleasant personality and Julian's personal attention and memory of my prior visits make returning a must. Thank you for having them as a part of your staff.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

My mother and I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and the entire staff was absolutely amazing! We were greeted at checkin with a warm welcome and smile by a gentleman name Basheer who offered to take our bags up and had great energy. The next morning we enjoyed the buffet and were served by a humorous character by the name of Manny who was excellent! Later that night we celebrated a Seahawks championship victory in the lounge and was served by Juan who also delivered excellent service and made us feel very welcome. I later had the opportunity to meet the general manager on duty, Leah and shared my experience. The room was clean, staff was amazingly friendly. I would choose Saddle Brook Marriott again if ever in the area. Would of gave them 5 stars but the ice machine on the second floor was out the night we checked in and the next morning. Reported it and the staff was on it. Thank you Saddle Brook Marriott!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard Paramus
Courtyard Paramus
#4 of 5 in Paramus
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights
Ramada Rochelle Park Near Paramus

Been to Saddle Brook Marriott? Share your experiences!