“Very nice stay.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Saddle Brook
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Very nice stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We attended a wedding at The Brownstone and stayed at the Marriott here in Saddle Brook. It was a very nice room with very comfortable beds. The pool was enjoyed by the kids and it was a pleasant place for the adults to rest.

The only thing that I'd say needs attention is their system of providing the breakfast buffet omeletts. You place your order and then sit down. Then they have to try to figure out which one goes where and where you are sitting. A bit of a mixup.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I use this hotel as a business hotel for business in the Teterboro and Morristown area, rather than changing hotels. The people are all very friendly and the hotel is clean and comfortable. The Concierge Lounge has good breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I'm finding it difficult to write something good about this hotel. I suppose the front desk
staff were courteous and helpful when I asked about WIFI access in the room.

You can't really escape the strong smell of chlorine in the hotel as the pool is indoors. The pool is open plan and is centered around the the hotel rooms. I found a cockroach in the bathroom so the cleanliness of the hotel is questionable.
The room was spacious however the ventilation/airconditioning in the room was terrible.

Only stayed here as family had made arrangements with the hotel on a discounted rate for a wedding stay for its guests.
I don't know the area well enough, but would look at other accomodation nearby if possible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Solotraveler81
Woodside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I checked into this Marriott and right from the beginning it was fun. The front desk (I think his name is Alex) made my check in interesting, letting me check myself in. The bar staff was really friendly and fun. The rooms were excellent and comfortable. I didn't spend much time there since I returned from a wedding party but my stay overall was great!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
West Hempstead, New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for one night for a wedding. The staff was quick and efficient checking us in. The room and bathroom were quite small but I have to say everything was very clean and set up well to maximize the usage is the small areas. I can't really comment on anything else because it was a quick stay and we didn't spend much time at the hotel but I would stay here again if I were in the area for a quick visit

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoJoC710
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The staff does a lot to try and make up for the condition of the hotel. There are a lot of business travelers who stay here frequently and this most recent visit was not my first.

The rooms look like they refurnished them with standard Marriott fare but the condition of the doors, showers, walls, makes it feel old and dingy. The hallways are dark. If you open up the curtains you are likely to be faced with pigeons hanging out on the odd ledges they have or the evidence that there were a lot of pigeons there. The room was clean and my room at the end of the hallway was quiet.

The other odd part is that there is an executive floor (where my room was), but the concierge lounge is on a different floor.

The lobby and restaurant area are cramped. They do serve free coffee in the lobby, which is a nice touch. And the front staff greets everyone warmly, particularly the frequent guests. I've been in the suites and they are much nicer than the standard rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sadie_NB
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'm finding in this area that the Marriott brand hotels lack a lot, this is my third time in the vicinity and all three Marriott's have disappointed me. First, the bathroom is SO SMALL and the floor has a musty/old stale smoke smell. I'm an elite member of Marriott and travel at least 8 nights a month and this hotel fails to meet the standard I'm accustomed to. The front desk manager tried to find me a better room but was unsuccessful (she was very nice to try). I'm here for four days and not looking forward to my stay AT ALL.

• Stayed October 2013
#3 of 5 in Paramus
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Mariott Paramus
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
Home2 Suites by Hilton Hasbrouck...
#1 of 3 in Hasbrouck Heights

Been to Saddle Brook Marriott? Share your experiences!