“Convenient & well worth the Expierence!”

Saddle Brook Marriott
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Saddle Brook
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I really don't understand why some people "Knit pick" on such minor details, are they " BUYING" the room indefinetely, or just staying a nite or two???! - I am also a Marriott rewards member, & I expect to receive services that this Hotel chain is known for!! ---When we checked in a little earlier than expected the front staff was more than accomadating to our needs., -We were greeted by name, at not only front lobby, but promptly taken up to our room by bell hop, who could not have been more helpful!! Our room was EXCEPTIONAL, large comfortable bed, pillows that swallowed up my tired head after traveling most of the day! The bathroom was quite large enough for us, even the shower was in a separate area, so another person can share at the same time.--Yes, the lobby does offer two different types of flavored fresh water, we did not stay for dinner, nor try breakfast offered but, was happy to grab a breakfast sandwich & coffee to go at Dunkin Donuts just across the street.---I was very pleased at our choice for this hotel, it is very convenient to major highways in the area & more than reasonably priced for a hotel in the New York area. Well worth the try for a nite or two & certainly looking forward to our next trip to NYC, & will be booking this Marriott again.

Room Tip: rooms closer to top floor, offer a lovely view & certainly noise is NOT an issue.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thebeachlover1

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel does not fit the MARRIOTT chain of hotels, more in the mode of Red Roof Inn or Ramada Inn. The welcome at the front desk was EXCEPTIONAL (and set high expectations) and the lobby had two kinds of fruited water and lemonade available to guests. Beyond that the nightmare starts! The exterior, rooms (updating needed), concierge room (limited food selections and a charge for guest concierge members to use the broken computer), business center (who ever heard of no staples, hole punch, or paper clips in a business center?), and hallways (cleanliness and updating needed) were all subpar. As a Marriott Platinum member I was thoroughly disappointed. For a better experience in this locale… Proceed swiftly (run, don't walk!) to the Renaissance in Rutherford, where they know what hospitality, cleanliness, and service is all about beyond just the front desk arrival experience. I have NO plans of ever staying here again.

Room Tip: Higher level
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Don't get me wrong, this hotel was average, but I don't think it deserves the Marriott name. Maybe more like a Red Roof Inn or a Ramada. 3 stars at best. Rooms were a good size. Bed was comfortable. Old carpeting in the rooms, probably needs to be replaced soon. The bathrooms were very small and tight...this would be good if this hotel was in Europe. Only one person can realistically be in the bathroom at a time. The doorways are very small, so its probably not even handicap accessible. Overpriced for the accommodations. Again, the hotel wasn't terribly bad, I just expected a nicer place for a Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MSGSWG
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As with most Marriott's, the Saddle Brook Marriott didnt disappoint. We needed a last minute room the day before, price was acceptable/average. Reception area was nice, a quick check in and a bell hop came out for our bags. As requested we had a king room near the elevators. The room was equivalent to the size of a standard balcony cabin on board a cruise ship, meaning small. But, adequate for our needs, clean, comfortable bed and bedding, ample outlets for all your computing needs- coffee. Just wish the mirror above the desk was lower for us shorter people who need to blow dry or iron their hair! :-) There is a bar adjacent to reception, we didnt get to use it, again, we were there over night for a wedding we had in the area. Although this sits between highways, our room was noise free.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank I-am-CruiseDivaNJ
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here one night while in town for a friend's wedding. The hotel was clean, the bed was comfy, and the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. If I'm ever in the area again I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have stayed here annually since 2008 (reserving at least 2 rooms) when we return to the area with the extended family to visit cemeteries, friends, etc. We make our reservations well in advance and this year had the "advantage" of gold status. Without a doubt, these were two of the worst possible rooms they could have given us. I will say the staff were very friendly but the maid service left a lot to be desired. I think we'll look elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: I couldn't do it for myself so I have no ability to give anyone else a tip; I'd probably mes...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Walt and Gwynne W
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I must admit to having enough good experiences at Marriott properties to look there first when traveling to a new area and this one didn't disappoint. I always look for good running routes and when I asked at the front desk there was no hesitation - they knew right where to send me and even walked me out the front door to point out turns. I ended up going to a local park that was perfect, but which I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

And after a long day of travel I just wanted to get a quick meal without more driving. Got a great Cobb salad on site. Definitely recommend this property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard Paramus
#4 of 5 in Paramus
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Mariott Paramus
Holiday Inn Express Paramus

Been to Saddle Brook Marriott? Share your experiences!