“Love their vegan selection”

Rutherford pancake house
Ranked #11 of 62 Restaurants in Rutherford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This place is a gem!! It is very difficult to find a restaurant in NJ that has a menu for both non-vegans and vegans, especially breakfast. The Rutherford Pancake House fills that void! The vegan stuffed French toast is amazing! My non-vegan family members rave about the breakfast too. The atmosphere is relaxed and the service is always friendly. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My friend highly recommended this restaurant and I wasn't disappointed. We had late breakfast, around 10 am so it wasn't crowded at all. We had custom omelettes. Mine was regular eggs and my friend's was egg white. Both were great. The home fries really hit the spot. We go back often and have brought along friends.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great for breakfast or lunch. Pancakes are obviously an easy choice, but their omelets and burgers are super, too! Great portions, attentive service, good value for the money

Vegan and gluten-free options. Good wholesome food

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had some extra time so I went in for brunch by myself. I was seated at the bar, not a table. It turns out the bar is no-mans land. All staff stop there to get coffee and some other things but no one will look at you. The lead waitress assigned me to another woman. She took my order and wandered off to bigger fare.

I did get some Maryland crab cake eggs Benedict arrangement. It was dry on top of dry.

I quickly figured out the owners were a cute couple. They were talking business and the one wandered off to transact some business. The other stayed in front, consolidated coffee pots, rinsed coffee pots, made more coffee, filled coffee filters, all the while looking over at my empty plate and not providing me with a bill so I could get up and leave and go on about my day. He didn't even direct any of the waitresses or the busboy to help me out.

Finally, a large party came in and needed two tables pushed together. The lead waitress took charge. She assigned the table to my waitress who sprang into action. The owner started working the water glasses and coffee cups. Seeing that this would further delay my escape. I flagged the waitress down. She quickly flashed the bill and I was free!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is consistently good. It is fresh and they offer healthy, yummy choices. It's an excellent spot for breakfast and it's good for lunch as well. It is a popular local establishment.