New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Rutherford
Pittstown, New Jersey
“Worst Hotel Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It's obvious this Hotel is posting all of their own positive reviews. When we were supposed to stay there the hotel is filthy as soon as you walked.

We ended up not staying because they booked us in the wrong room (A single bed SMOKING room), when I booked two queens , non smoking.

I have two little kids, and the woman said she was booked and could not do anything about it... So my options were to put my kids in a smoking room, and have them sleep on a floor, or leave.

The Woman working on the date we went was rude and didn't know how to work the computer. I asked her to print my conformation, and she said her printer was broken.

As I waited for her to figure stuff out, another couple came in WITH CONFIRMATION, and she had no record of them in the system.

The people were rude
the lobby was Dirty and filthy
the staff was incompetent

I wish I could leave them a Zero rating. Giving them one star is actually too gracious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

In relocating my daughter to College I had to stay for a total of 4 nights in New Jersey after suffering for 3 nights at another Hotel on Passaic I finally checked out.. I'm glad I found this Hotel!! stayed my 4th night at Extended Stay America I wish I would have looked earlier...Very clean the rooms are affordable and friendly staff..A 10+ experience

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just completed a stay for 4 nights at this place. The stay has been awesome. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The staff were very friendly. I have at least 3 more visits to NJ planned in next two months and would definitely stay here during those visits. It is a very good place for families as well. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Holbrook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here for the Chesney concert. Jeff at the desk was awesome, polite and very informative. Would definitely stay again. Room has everything. Great grab and go breakfast. Shuttle to and from Metlife Stadium a big plus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Looking at many of the good reviews, I decided to stay here since it also had a low rate to stay overnight. I was here for a conference for the Meadlowlands Racetrack. It is only a few minutes to the Sheraton where the conference was, and 5 minutes to the racetrack where I also had to be. Follow your GPS & also look for it, since my GPS stopped before getting there, but I could see it. The outside area is clean and pleasently inviting. I was greeted with friendliness and I needed that since I was tired working with horses all day. My room was spotless and the bed was very comfy. The free wifi went through to my laptop without any gliches (some hotels do have gliches you know!). There is a hair dryer in the room, so leave yours home. But...bring your own shampoo & conditioner since there is only complimentary soap. That's okay. I just wanted to let anyone reading my review know. My room #326, overlooked the Meadowlands stadium & racetrack and actually very cool.

The grab & go breakfast is light items like granola bars, muffins, and fruit. It was quiet to stay here and you do not hear any highway traffic. As long as the rate stays low, and does not creep up to a high rate like the other hotels, I will definately stay here again. For you solo guest......yes, you will feel safe here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I enjoyed the the overnight stay in this hotel with friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms. Even though I made a mistake with my reservation (i booked the wrong night!) the staff member was able to fix it for me and was very friendly and went above and beyond my expectations. The room was clean and the beds comfortable. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Brackney, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room wasn't bad for the price we paid. I thought it was clean with a nice little kitchen. The Hotel does not have an ice machine! I have never stayed at a Hotel without Ice Machine! Huge inconvenience. They did have a nice recliner in room which was very comfortable. The TV was a flat screen and nice picture. We stayed there for a concert at Metlife Stadium and it was very convenient to that...about 3 miles. I would stay again but bring a bag of ice...LOL!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherford
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - East Rutherford
Econo Lodge
#3 of 3 in Carlstadt
4.0 of 5 stars 229 reviews
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford? Share your experiences!