My family and I stayed at this Extended Stay America by chance last night. We blew a tire on our recently purchased, used, Ford Explorer on I95 (very, very scary!), and with no spare, along 22inch tires (hey, brand new engine and a great price we couldn't pass up), we had no choice but to be towed onto Route 17 and get a room for the night until the tires spots on route 46 opened. Using Hotwire, we were able to book this hotel at a very reasonable price, plus it was only 5 minutes from where our car was parked. Upon arriving at 11:00 at night, we were greeted by the kindest rep. She heard our experience and was quick to check us in, and had take-out menus ready for us (we had two children with us). She was very apologetic however because all double rooms were booked and we had to get a single for the night. Our room was clean, clean, clean and very comfortable! We had a full kitchen with a stove-top, microwave, full refrigerator, utensils, dining wear and a dishwasher (with wood flooring), WiFi, and thank goodness for the recliner, eventhough the kids wanted to camp out on the floor (the bedroom area was carpeted). I was actually amazed that it was like a studios suite! There was a 4G Flat screen television, with cable, for our viewing pleasure, and I'm POSITIVE that if my husband wasn't so exhausted from our evening's events, he would have spent half the night playing on the television!! The hotel is in sort of a secluded area, which made for a very quiet and restful sleep, and if we weren't so bitter about our mishap and being a stone's throw away from getting home, we would have enjoyed the city view! Bed was comfortable, but sleeping with a wild 5 year old and a 10 year old, I got pretty beat up over the night. This review only gets 4 out of 5 because the sink stopper was broken and there was a minor leak somewhere in the bathroom, but it was deal-able after the experience we had just went through.
At check-out early this morning, the Manager urged us to have take-away breakfast and my husband was GRATEFUL for the free coffee (while the kids sang "We're Not Gonna Take It"--they remembered seeing the commercial). He was very efficient at his job--he was checking us out, answering the phones, restocking coffee, and giving us detailed directions back to our car all at the same time (eventhough he insisted on calling us a cab--but we told him we didn't mind the walk--and $10 for a 2 minute cab ride was not worth it!). He was very kind and compassionate, and that's what we needed after our night. All and all, we had such a great experience, that we have considered using Extended Stay on our next travels to Virginia in October and our summer trips to the southern beaches next summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford Hotel Rutherford
- Extended Stay America Rutherford
- Extended Stay Rutherford
- Rutherford Extended Stay
- Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford NJ, North America