All reviewskitchen supplieslong stayfull kitchenrooms are spaciousplace to staya great stayfront desk staffny
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the newly built Extended Stay properties. It looks like it is in the middle of nowhere but assuming you have a car, it is very convenient to get on Route 17, Route 3 (to Manhattan) or the Turnpike to the other Jersey locations. Rooms and service are standard for the E.S. chain, nothing extra. No parking problems. If you ar not familiar with the area be very careful with directions,it i very easy to miss the road or get lost behind the Route 17 service roads. No convenience stores nearby bu if you hop onto Rte.17 North there are plenty, including a Starbucks and others. Oner Ayan.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ONER A
Management response:Responded July 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience at Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. We consider it a great compliment to get feedback like yours, and are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and for sharing your positive experience with others. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I booked this online through Hotels One for a 4 night stay. First off, its a difficult place to find, off of a service road. When I arrived the reception area was very sparce and dirty. The room I received was not acceptable, dirty, poor bed and bedding, when I asked for another room I was told that was the only room available. I would have left but there wasn't a room to be had in the area due to some special event going on. When I returned to the room the next evening nothing had been done, no maid service, when I asked when they would make up the room and clean sheets and towels, I was told they only do that for stays over one week, Eureka...need I say more...The hotel appears to be under construction, or Demolition. The room was not fit for a dog.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Philip R
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stay at Extended Stay America hotels everywhere I go if there is one available. I have to say that ESA meadowlands Rutherford is the best one I have been to yet. I have stayed at this hotel once before and when I returned here a few months later the first person I saw was Jeff and he remembered me with no problem. Jeff always says hello and asks how my day was and if everything is ok with my room. Jeff always says that if I need anything just give him a call or stop by and let him know and he will take care of it. Jeff really makes staying here so far from home feel more like being at home. The courtesy and friendliness that he has makes me wish there were people like him at every hotel I stay at.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north east side have a great view of NYC.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Extended Stay America hotel in Rutherford, while on a visit to my wife's parents, and was quite surprised at the comfort and quality of our stay. My family and I were greeted by Enrique at the front desk who was friendly, kind and courteous, and even helped us with our bags after our long trip from Arizona (Being a constant traveler for business, I have to give an extra thumbs up for Enrique at the front desk, where in most places, you won't find the same courtesy that my family and I received here). The room was very comfortable, clean, and extremely well-maintained. More so, the view of the Manhattan skyline was a great addition. It will definitely not be the last time I stay here and I will happily return next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Jason,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. The fact that you singled out Enrique is fantastic, as it will allow us to recognize him for his efforts, and the positive impact they had on your stay. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest the next time you visit your in-laws, or your travel needs bring you back to the area for any other reason. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have been staying at the Extended Stay America Meadowlands for several months since last year on a project in this area. We continue to stay here because it is a very good value for the rate charged. The hotel staff, especially the Hotel Mgr Ysabel, are always professional and willing to help in any way.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.