All reviewskitchen supplieslong stayfull kitchenrooms are spaciousplace to staya great stayfront desk staffny
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Needed a room on a rainy afternoon in order to spend time with my niece who lives near this hotel and her three tiny babies (I live in New York City) as I cannot go into her home due to being allergic to her cat. We would have been able to sit outside in her yard, had it not been a very stormy day. So, I booked this hotel through priceline and told the front desk reception that we would only be there for a short while. The very warm and professional young woman at reception assigned me a beautiful, clean room with a great firm mattress (sat on it to try it) and every single area of the room was spotless. I am so happy to find this hotel that is near my niece which means that now we can spend a few hours together talking and sharing with me having the opportunity to spend time with the babies at other times, especially in the winter when it is too cold to sit outside.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2010

My husband and I paid to spend a few nights at this hotel while we apartment-hunt. BAD DECISION. At over $100 a night, I thought I could expect a reasonably-comfortable, clean hotel with a few amenities. I was wrong.
The room smells funny. Not terrible, but "off."
When my husband pulled down the sheets on the bed, there were dark black hairs (more than one) on the sheets and both pillows. And the blanket. He went downstairs to get a new blanket, only to be given a new "clean" one that was ALSO full of human hair. When I pulled the comforter off the bed it was actually damp in an area with several pubic hair on it. EW. We ended up having to get our own bedding out of our car and put it on the bed.
While the rest of the room is reasonably clean (although there were black hairs in the bathroom sink and countertop, too) this experience is so disgusting that I feel like I need to wash all of my clothes and objects as soon as we leave this hotel. We've even picked up antibacterial wipes to wipe down everything here.

Also disappointing, though not deal-breakers in and of themselves:
1. No work out facilities
2. Very limited television channels
3. They only clean your room once a week

The only benefit I can think of of this place is the wireless internet connection and the fact that the fridge and kitchen appliances are very clean.

If I had to do it all over again, I would just stay at a Best Western or a Holiday Inn or something and forego the kitchenette - at least it would be clean.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AndreaNDC
Reviewed January 4, 2010

The location was wonderful as we were staying for one night after a football game and the price was the lowest in the area. They had a small area of parking with a roof and the parking without a roof was close to the front doors. Overall the place seemed like it was in good condition except looked like the rooms could use a touch up (at least in mine). In our room, the volume on the television didn't work and the shower also didn't have much force behind it. Our bed was a bit too hard to our liking and although the hotel seemed filled and was rather quiet in the halls, the refrigerator in the room and the air/heater was very noisy and clicked on and off all night.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Off2Vaca
Reviewed April 20, 2009

The location is pretty good, right off the service road at 17 and 3 near the Meadowlands sports complex. Good access to the NJ turnpike, Secaucus, and even NYC for occasional trips (not a daily commute). Room description: The kitchenette is decently setup: range top, toaster, sink, full sized fridge/freezer. Plates and flatware for 2 are provided. Two desks, and a smaller lazyboy are present in the 2 rooms I visited/used. Wireless internet currently costs $5 for unlimited stay per person. The windows opened in the rooms, and the tidal meadowlands keep bask side rooms quiet at night. Cons: The bed was extremely hard made sleeping fitful, TV channels were very limited (dish network, several basic channels blocked), no business center or network printer, dryer in the Laundry was out of order and not labled, colleague's room smelled strongly of previous pets/waste but otherwise seemed pretty well cleaned. Although there were no other glaring issues or serious problems, I can safely say after 5 days stay, I would pick another location for future stays.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptainCoffey
Reviewed May 19, 2008

we stayed here as a last minute option. the room was $120 US per night, which is very very reasonable for NYC vicinity. The exterior of the hotel is decent, although there are no stores close by, 7-11 is approx 1 km away.
we took NJ transit into the city, the station is about 5 min away, there are 2 stations that can take you into PENN station, problem is none of them are direct, you need to transfer. overall it takes just under a hour to get into the city- most of that being connection time, the actual ride time is 20 minutes, but that is okay. parking at Rutherford station is 50 cents /hr, and free on sundays. it costs 7.50 round trip. parking at the hotel is free. i suppose it is easier than driving in. i'm told it's close by if you choose to do that.

thoughts on the hotel:
front desk people aren't the most helpful, really weren't helpful at all. they didn't know which station you had to go to for the NJ transit, we had GPS so that was helpful.
the room- basic, there is a kitchenette which we did not use, very roomy, but it did smell. bring some febreze or something like that. there is no housekeeping.
overall the hotel is OK. but due to the location and price, it was worth it, esp for a quick weekend.

i would stay there again, but would bring some air freshner!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jelly__Bean00
Manager-PWY, Manager - RMW at Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2009

"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Meadowlands - Rutherford. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.