“Relaxing time.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rutherford
Holbrook N.Y.
“Relaxing time.”
Reviewed July 11, 2007

Very nice hotel. We stayed overnight at the Renaissance and had an awsome meal at CK steakhouse. Clean room and had a very soft bed. Try to request a city view room. Would stay there again

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2007

My wife and me stayed at the Renaissance for 2 nights while attending a wedding. We usually stay at more budget to mid-range properties. But this hotel was close to where the ceremony was taking place and, as members of the wedding party, we were able to get an excellent discounted rate.

The room itself was fine but nothing extraordinary. The bed was comfortable but had overly soft pillows that I didn't really care for. I was also disappointed by the lack of a mini-bar in the room since I enjoy having snacks and beverages close at hand. However, I did have fun with the "luxury" bath products, such as the lemongrass soap and mint thyme shampoo.

The restaurant and bar downstairs were great, with outstanding service provide by the bartender and the wait staff. For me it was sort of like playing "Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous" for a couple days and I had a good time with it.

I probably wouldn't pay the price quoted on this website to go back. But at the $160 (including taxes) rate we payed I think it was a good deal.

• Liked — Great service in the restaurant and bar
  • Disliked — Pillows weren't comfy
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CDLNashville
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed April 2, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance on Fri-Sat-Sun nights in late
March. We chose the hotel for its proximity to the Continental Airlines Arena, as we were attending the Devils/Flyers game there on Friday night.

We arrived early to the hotel, and they would not let us check in right away, but said that they would have something in 30 minutes. So around 2:30, they let us check in. The hotel was having a conference and was booked solid. The man at the front desk said that the only room currently available was a jacuzzi suite on the 9th floor, and upgraded us at no cost!

The room was very spacious, with all the typical comforts (TV/cable, armoire, mini fridge, safe, hairdryer, coffee maker, wired free internet, and lots of products in the bathroom). The jacuzzi was tucked in a separate room with plenty of space and was a nice relief for sore feet at the end of a day.

The hotel also featured a reception area for those staying on the 8th and 9th floors that offers hors d'oeuvres and dessert Sun-Thur and continental breakfast Mon-Fri. The food was good and the breakfast had a lot of variety.

We caught the 191/192/195 buses back and forth to New York City. The bus stop is directly across the street from the hotel, and the bus ride to the Port Authority takes about 15-20 minutes. Fare is $3.10 each way. Buses run roughly each hour, with some running on the half hour. We did also have a rental car, and the hotel had free parking and was easily accessible.

I would definitely stay here again if in the Meadowlands area. It was way cheaper than staying in NYC, and we experienced absolutely no problems. If not for the free upgrade, I would still give this hotel a 4 star rating, but a sweet room like that deserves a 5.

• Liked — Lots of amenities in the room and no nickel and diming
  • Disliked — View of a cemetary/highway on the west side
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kuch
Baltimore MD
Reviewed October 6, 2006

PROS:

Nicely sized clean room.
Quiet.
Pleasant and responsive staff.
Comfy beds.
NJ Transit bus stop across the street
Clean bathroom w/good water pressure.
In-room safe.
In-room refrigerator.
Free (wired) internet access for Laptops.
Very pleased with breakfast and service in hotel restaurant

CONS:

Hard pillows.
No mouthwash provided in bathroom.
NJ transit bus (#192) ride to NYC somewhat less direct, and a longer trip than the #320 from Harmon Meadow (Secaucus) area hotels. This is more of an observation that a genuine "con".

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank poppy_popster
KEW GARDENS, NY
Reviewed July 17, 2006

We stayed here for one night and everything went smoothly. CHeck in was very fast. The room was clean and had no complaints. THe best part of the room were the beds. I never slept so comfortably. I have stayed in other Renaissance Hotels before and admit this one is not as nice as the others but it is close. I would stay here again.

The only problem we had was driving to the hotel, it was a bit confusing.

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank lovethesun212
West Point, New York
Reviewed July 16, 2006

I did this as a surprise for my wife (giant stadium flea market and meadowlands race to see the nerds, both were excellent)and picked this hotel based on the reviews. Excellent choice from the start, let us check in 1 1/2 hours early, upon arrival greeting my front desk staff was "welcoming" and "warm". Even asked if we preferred a view of NYC or a jacuzzi room at a standard king room price! Room was very clean, nice furniture and beautiful king bed with plenty of pillows. Nice touch were the bathrobes provided. Huge shower and bathroom. Excellent location for trips to NYC or the meadowlands complex. Nothing but good things to say. Also offers a military/government discount.

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank WilliamandJudith
Englewood Cliffs
Reviewed June 25, 2006

I travel a great deal and all of the Renaissances that I have stayed are excellent. It was a pleasure to stay here. The rooms are well-appointed and comfortable. The staff is attentive and makes sure to attend to the guests needs or whatever problems that may come up.
The major problem for this hotel is the aesthetics of the area, which is surrounded by other hotels, highways and warehouses. Although I can not fault the hotel on this, the other Renaissances that I have stayed at are nicer than this one.

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank bukrah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherford
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

Been to Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel? Share your experiences!