“Nice, no surprises”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rutherford
New York, NY
“Nice, no surprises”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Stayed here with family on a Saturday night following an outing to nearby Medieval Times. Kids loved the warm pool and hot whirlpool. Hotel was clean, rooms were nicely furnished and well maintained. Staff was friendly. Nice, as one would expect of a 4-star chain hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Boston, MA
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We stayed there 2 nights over the weekend and were very impressed with the hotel and its staff. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice, the room service is efficient. The room was spotless. The hotel's gym room, heated pool and a whirlpool are nice after a long day in the city. I can't comment on the public transportation to get into NYC. we drove and it was quite easy except for the traffic at the Linclon tunnel and in Manhattan. Next time we would explore using public transportation. Parking and hi-speed internet at the hotel is free by the way. Water in the heated pool was salty.. maybe it was some kind of spa purpose, I wasn't sure and didn't ask.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Great Hotel. We went for a concert and could not have picked a better place.. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Front desk staff was wonderful, very friendly Not that this is important, but they remembered us at departure and asked about the concert. They seem to care about the folks there. Car service to the concert was perfect too. Bellman had a car waitiing for us when we entered the lobby and it was right there to pick us up after the concert. Not having to park at the Stadium was wonderful. Had breakfast in the restaurant, it was normal breakfast food.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
w0rldtraveler007
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Stayed here for the great price and convenience - the bus into the City picks you up across the street. This is a nice hotel for travelers to NYC interested in spending their money on things other than outrageous hotels and parking. The hotel is clean, staff friendly, beds comfortable, and location convenient.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We bid on Priceline for a Hotel stay near New York City for one night. We were leaving on a cruise ship out of Manhattan and needed a place to stay the night. We got Renaissance Meadowlands, it turned out to be perfect for us. It cost us $100. and there were 4 of us. Two teenagers me and my Mother. The front desk staff was so friendly and welcoming, she gave us two queen beds and fold out sofa room. The kids enjoyed the use of the pool and gym. My Mom and I had a cocktail at the lounge and some burger and fries. Very pricey but good, strong drinks and good top quality meaty burger and the fries were fantastic. We also ordered room service in the morning, very efficient and breakfast for 4 cost us around $60 but what the heck it was sooo good french toast loaded with 3 kinds of berries, eggs, home fries, generous portions of bacon, bagel, toast, juice and coffee, and I didnt have to leave the room. Our room was very comfy with big soft pillows and we had a fridge, ironing board, safe, big nice TV. Shower was hot and pressure was good. The place was clean and stylish. We enjoyed our stay at Renaissance Meadowlands and it was just 15 minutes away from Manhattan.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Northern NJ
Reviewed March 17, 2009

I stayed at the Renaissance for one night. The front desk staff was extremely welcoming. The rooms were spacious, extremely clean and modern. It was a very comfortable stay and I will return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed February 18, 2009

I'm in shock that a Marriott hotel has such terrible staff!
For most of my hotel stays I choose Marriott hotels. So I did for this time, what a mistake!
Check-in is at 3:00, I arrived at 3:10 and I was told there were no rooms avaliable! I asked if I could get an upgrade to a jacuzzi suite and I will pay the extra fee, and she said "ok, the room will be ready within 10-15 minutes". So I sat in the lobby and waited 20 minutes and then I went to the desk to find out "the girl" has left and now Mark was taking care of me. So I ask Mark if my room is ready, and he replies by saying that "it will be another 10-15 minutes" by this point I was irritated and I said well I will have to leave but I'll be back in 2-3 hours. They should have it ready by then right? NOOOOT!
I came back 3 hours later, checked-in and there was no jacuzzi in the room! I waited 3 hours for a jacuzzi suite and I got a standard room!
Went back to the front desk and explained my situation to two employees and they drew this blank face on me and told me I had to pay full amount for the jacuzzi suite, meaning that I had to pay the FULL difference and not just an upgrade fee. So I argued over the situation and a nice guest that was staying at the hotel overheard us arguing and came in and said that he had a jacuzzi suite and he could switch up the rooms with us. The front desk staff yelled at him and told him "STAY OUT OF THIS!". The poor guy was like "OK, OK". At this point I wanted to speak to the supervisor and only to find that I was speaking to the supervisor! Who Made This Guy A Supervisor!!!??? Since When Do Hotel Supervisors Act Nasty Like That?? This Guy Should Be Lucky He Has A Job Right Now, And Should Really Do His Job The Best That He Can! If It Was This Kind Of A Mix Up In A Different Hotel They Would've Upgraded For No Extra Fee By Now!!!
I still ended up paying a difference of $159 which is one of the highest upgrade fee I had to pay in such hotels!
Room was just okay, jacuzzi was allright (buttons were missing). It looked like it was old.

I will definitely reconsider when staying in any other Marriott branch hotel. I will definitely try to stay out of this Renaissance!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FlyGuy06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherford
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Residence Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands

Been to Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel? Share your experiences!