“Beautiful facility” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rutherford
Norfolk
“Beautiful facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Spent a wonderful night here at the beginning of a sister's weekend up the Hudson River. The public places and the rooms were beautifully appointed. The staff was warm and welcoming. My only regret was to be there on the weekend so the concierge room was not open.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
NorfolkJL,
Thank you for your wonderful review. We're glad you chose to stay with us, and pleased you enjoyed your visit. I hope you had a good time with your sisters! Please come and stay with us again, especially when the Concierge Lounge is open. Just a small note, our Concierge Lounge is open Sunday evening to Friday morning. See you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This was a great place to stay with easy access to many attractions. It is also very close to public transit to NYC. Hotel was nicely laid out & service was friendly. We were able to enjoy some harness racing over at the track & go to the city for dinner & a show.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
dwilson785,

Thank you for staying with us at Renaissance and writing a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had a very busy yet enjoyable stay. Thank you for letting other viewers know we are a great hotel and close to many exciting attractions. We hope you will return and stay with us again soon.

Yours truly,
Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Not the same hotel as the pictures. The shower was dangerous, funny threshold that was very slippery, the water slipped right on the floor. This room is a hazard for anyone, and I am not handicapped. The can only imagine how it is for someone unsure on their feet.

The air conditioner rumbled like a truck all night and did not cool anything. The pool was old, dirty and not inviting. The hot tub was stained, the entire hotel smelled like chlorine, and my wife and I both had an itchy red rash when we got out, and we had to shower in that awful shower.

Your associate at the desk was confused when I checked in, so when I left I saved my time by not saying anything. But I see someone else did according to other reviews on Trip Advisor, but nothing was done.

Seems the shower and A/C is an ongoing issue.

It is very close to NY and the Meadowlands, but I will try somewhere else. If I had paid, I would have asked for a refund. I used my Marriott points for the room, I emailed them and asked for my points back. Very very disappointed. Ruined our time.

Room Tip: I am not sure.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
gr70545 ,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We're pleased to have had you and your wife stay with us at Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel. All of your concerns have been addressed in a personal e-mail to you, and I appreciate your kind response. We are in the process of repairing the appearance of the hot tub and assure you it is totally safe and clean. Inspections are done weekly to test the water and we've had no issue with the water quality. I've also checked the a/c unit and I have submitted a work order to get it replaced. Thank you very much for corresponding with us. We invite you and your wife back at any time to experience a more pleasant stay.

cagedmonkees
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there with my handicapped travel companion. Requested a roll in shower. The shower had a metal plate on the floor of the shower. This created a problem with not having a level surface for someone that has mobility problems. When I complained at front desk, the maintenance man was there and said that was the only way they could create a pitch for the water to go down the drain. Iffy solution for a regular room, however for a handicapped room this is a nightmare. The desk said they will be renovating soon. I hope so!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cagedmonkees
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Cagedmonkees,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and I will look into it expediently.

Bedford, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed a few weeks ago for a conference. The hotel was great; clean, no issues at all. It's very close to the bus stop and the staff was very nice at helping a southern girl learn the bus route. :). After my experience with the Newark Airport, I hope I never step foot in NJ again, but if I had to, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I had a wonderful time at this hotel everyone was very friendly and the staff was very nice. Nice size rooms i had one with a balcony and had a beautiful view of the city Also the hotel was very clean. The only problem i had was the A/C stopped working and i called the front desk and with in about 2 minutes the maintenance man rob can to fix the problem.. They are very fast to respond to guest problems which is a huge plus in my book. I will be back when i visit again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you frank546 for the kind words and recommendation. We’re thrilled you found our customer service top rate, I’ll pass along your praise to Rob! We look forward to your next visit.
Regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I recently visited NY City for four days. Since the hotel rates in the city were so high, we decided to once again stay in NJ and commute. The Renaissance Meadowlands is a 4+ hotel and was at least $100 a night less than a lesser hotel in NY. The bus stop is across the street from the hotel and is the last stop before arriving at the Port Authority Terminal and the first stop on the return. It is very convenient and not costly.
Our room was lovely and very comfortable and quiet. The staff was pleasant and helpful. An additional bonus is free parking.
I am a travel agent and would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you SUSAN H for your review and recommendation! The biggest compliment of all is recommending the Renaissance Meadowlands to friends and coworkers. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Have a great summer,
Toni Pinto, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherford
Courtyard Lyndhurst Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
Hilton Meadowlands
#4 of 5 in East Rutherford
Homewood Suites by Hilton East Rutherford-Meadowlands
Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands
Extended Stay America - Meadowlands - Rutherford
Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands

Been to Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel? Share your experiences!