“average food in a cozy setting”
Review of Mambo Tea House

Mambo Tea House
Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Rutherford
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Mambo Tea House, we offer authentic Cuban cuisine and Asian teas in a beautiful and cozy setting. The merge of two cultures is a direct reflection of the co-owners. The husband and wife team are from the Caribbean and Hong Kong, respectively. Come in for some delicious cuisine and friendly service! We are a BYOB!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

To start off Cuban cuisine was never my favorite but I got a gift certificate for Christmas. I ordered a sangria that was very good you bring your own wine. Their empanada I had for an appetizer was quite tasty. Wasn't crazy about their skirt steak with chimichurri sauce and their tops vieja was just average. What I did like was the restaurants ambience its very warm and welcoming. Ñice for a romantic date. Staff also very nice.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place has some of the most authentic Cuban food you will find in the area. The vaca frita and the ropa vieja are to die for iand the empanadas make a great appetizer. The price is right for the amount and the quality of the food. My wife and I have been there several times and the food has been consistent. There are several Cuban restaurants in Manhattan that we have eaten in and thisplace tops them all.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

A beautifully tucked away place in Jersey and wow what deliciious food and lovely atmosphere...nicely decorated and friendly...had delicious croquetts and mini cuban sandwiches for appetizers and then mofongo and breaded steak was delicious...Definetly a comeback place!!!!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Date night with my wife - and what a terrific experience (again) at the Mambo Tea House - if only they had a room to rent! This is a BYOB with fantastic and authentic food, great atmosphere and terrific service. We started off with tiger shrimps in garlic and white wine and fresh, warm bread to soak up all the sauce - the best! My wife had the Cuban Sandwich Bites - bread was great, the garlic sauce was so tasty! She also had the Caribbean Salad - big portion and all fresh ingredients. I had the skirt steak topped with chimichurri sauce and garlic mashed potatoes. The meat was tender, not chewy and the potatoes were cooked to perfection. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a friendly staff. Our waiter was attentive, filling up our wine and water glasses frequently. We had a great dinner - well worth the money - dinner for two was $60.00 This is one of the best Cuban restaurants we have ever been to and is on our "favorites" list of all time.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I'm always told to order ropa vieja at a cuban restaurant. I've always been disappointed until eating at Mambo Tea House. So delicious. And don't miss the morro (spelling?) rice and beans.
Maybe one of the best tastes ever! I know it's only rice. Whatever they do, it's an amazing concoction. We ordered the cuban sandwich as an appetizer. Very delicious.
The restaurant atmosphere is cozy and the wait staff is very attentive. We will be going back soon!

1  Thank Nan53