“Great Food!!!”

Mambo Tea House
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Rutherford
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban, Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Mambo Tea House, we offer authentic Cuban cuisine and Asian teas in a beautiful and cozy setting. The merge of two cultures is a direct reflection of the co-owners. The husband and wife team are from the Caribbean and Hong Kong, respectively. Come in for some delicious cuisine and friendly service! We are a BYOB!
Woodland Park, New Jersey
“Great Food!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Authentic cuban food and moderately priced. They also provide entertainment on certain nights. Give it a try.

Visited December 2011

NJ
“"dinner Saturday night-just ok"”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My fiance and I went here for a romantic date night-our waiter , Felipe, was very nice but my fiance's whole red snapper entree was so overcooked!! Hardly any meat was able to be eaten...he didn't complain or send it back because he has heard horror stories when people have done that. So unfortunately, he ate very little of his entree but the appetizer-mussels in garlic and wine sauce was AWESOME!!

• Visited August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Impressed”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Overall the quality was wonderful. The food was plentiful and very tasty. The only downsides for me were that the restaurant was very hot, almost unbearably hot and the service was a little slow at times (although that wasn't a serious issue). Apart from that it was well worth the visit.

• Visited July 2012
Rutherford, New Jersey
“Never dissappoints!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

LOVE the food, cute decor, friendly staff. The Caribbean Shrimp fried rice is great! I always order with any mean. My husband enjoys the steaks.

Visited June 2012
nj
“Impressed!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My friends and I were looking for a new, byob in the area nd were SO happy we decided on mambo tea house. I had a reservation or 8pm, was greeted at exactly 8, with my table all set. Decor, atmosphere, service, comfy couches were all a nice surprise. Then, came the food, delicious! My beef and cheese empanadas were the best I have ever eaten! Crispy and juicy....just perfect. As for my skirt steak...lit melted in my mouth. The 4 other girls at my table loved their meals also. We all decided, we MUCH rather head back to mambo tea house for delicious food, then wait on line at Cuban Pete's for mediocre food, loud music. Mambo, we will be back! Soon! Btw, app, entree, sangria, tip....all for 40 per person. Great value for night out:)

• Visited June 2012