“And the food just gets better in the NE”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Phily Diner

Phily Diner
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Runnemede
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grovetown, Georgia
“And the food just gets better in the NE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stopped by here after a flight it is worth going off the beaten path, I ordered a combo chicken/steak philly and talk about a full menu, I got mashed spuds, soup and while waiting I order an awesome pomegranate margertia, it was real close to what I had in Mexico a month ago, awesome the servers were ok I just assumed they wer busy , but overall pretty goo. they have a great vibe and they were also pretty full. I would most definitely come again ,

1 Thank emanuel s

Saint James, Missouri
“Diner and a sports bar? Diner and a sports bar.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Didn't try the sports bar part - it's to the side of the (huge) dining area. No issue with noise or any other spill-over while we were there. Had several "first time diner diners" with us on this trip - they were amazed at the many (many) menu offerings ("look - there's a whole section just for veal"), the prices, and the portions ("it comes with soup, salad, AND dessert?"). This was a great way to introduce them to the goodness that is a "real" diner. Food and price were great, ambiance is lots of bright leather, chrome, neon, and the service was excellent. Ten thumbs up from our party of five!

New Jersey
“Attractive place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We have a meeting once a month at a nearby office. Sometimes we go to the Phily Diner for coffee after the meeting. And sometimes when our conference room isn't available, like this past Monday night, we all go to the Phily Diner and meet there.

Phily Diner is a big place. Its owned by the same family as the Adelphia in Deptford, but its not quite as up-scale. Its known for the 1955 Ford coupe that used to be in the lobby but, since a renovation a few years ago, is now outdoors on a raised pedestal near the entrance. That same renovation also included the addition of a sports bar that must now be half of their square footage. But, even after the renovation, buried inside is an old fashioned stainless steel, neon and formica 24-hour New Jersey diner.

Maybe its just that I don't understand the restaurant business. I would think that if someone comes in at an off-hour, says he wants a table, and says that he's not sure for how many people ... it might be only three or four, or it might be ten or twelve ... as long as the tables are empty anyway why not give the guy a big table? The Phily hostess doesn't see it that way. First she tried to seat three of us at a booth for four. I told her that won't work if more than four people show up. So then she gave us a table for four in a room where we could pull over more tables.

Two more people quickly joined us, and we began looking at the menus. The waitress quickly came over and asked about drinks. We ordered coffee and tea. Before it arrived, three more people joined us, and we had to pull over another table.

About Phily's menu ... They must have different menus for different times of day. I was looking for dishes I've ordered in the past. I recall a big salad and a pasta primavera that I've had here before, but couldn't find them. Then someone at the other end of the table ordered an open-faced corned beef Reuben. That sounds good, but instead of a Reuben, I'd like just a plain corned beef sandwich on rye.

Before the food arrived, a few more people joined us and we pulled over a third table.

Food arrives. Everyone is talking. I look inside my sandwich. It has grilled cheese inside it! That’s not what I wanted ... I wanted just a corned beef sandwich on rye, but this will do. I take a bite. This must be one of the toughest pieces of corned beef I've ever eaten in my life, and I've eaten LOTS of corned beef. (Check out my TripAdvisor deli reviews.)

Now, one-by-one, people begin leaving. Usually, when we have a big group at a restaurant, we ask for the check, everyone throws in some money, and when we count it we find we have enough to pay the check and to leave a generous tip for the server. But the Phily Diner wants us to do something different. As each person was getting ready to go, the server told him/her to go to the cashier, tell her what you had, and pay for it. I don't like this. How do I know that everyone tells everything they had? If they don't, the last person will get stuck paying for someone else. I was the last to leave, and I still don't know if I paid too much.

Overall, Phily is a pretty good diner. Interesting décor. Although I had a problem this time, the food is usually pretty good. And I know I'll be back .. at least once a month.

Maryland
“One of the best stops on the way to Atlantic City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We frequent Atlantic City alot. We live in Baltimore, Md. We have driven past the Phily Diner numerous times and we always say that we should stop. Not only is it a Diner it is also a Sports Bar. It looks really big from the road. So one trip up to AC we were making good time so we decided to make a stop for breakfast. Greeted right away. Positive and pleasent attitudes from the staff. Waitress was on the ball. Got to us in a timely manner. No waiting, no searching for someone. The food was great and nice sized portions. Since our first stop we have been back numerous times. It is a stop that we plan into a drive up to AC.

• Visited June 2012
Laurel Springs, New Jersey
“Good Specials, excellent Wait Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I go to the Phily Diner at least twice a week. They always have good drink specials and half-price appetizers till 7 pm weeknights. Their wings are excellent.

Visited February 2013