“Good Specials, excellent Wait Staff”
Review of Phily Diner

Phily Diner
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Runnemede
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My wife and I go to the Phily Diner at least twice a week. They always have good drink specials and half-price appetizers till 7 pm weeknights. Their wings are excellent.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had a Saturday morning breakfast. 4 adults, 2 teens. Our Ukranian waitress was adorable, very friendly and attentive, and got everyone's orders correct. Standard breakfast fare. Nothing remarkable and nothing negative about our meals. The restaurant is huge, so there is probably no problem with waiting at any hour. Though on the more expensive side for diner food, you probably won't need to eat lunch after a breakfast here.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've wrote a review on this place upon my first visit and the food was great! We had been there in the late night hours when the dining room was pretty much devoid of other customers. So I decided to try the place another couple of times, expecting the same great food. These two other visits were during a regular dinner service when there were other diners.

WOW! What a difference! Seems that the kitchen can turn out great quality dinners when there aren't a lot of customers and the kitchen has only a handful of orders. But during a normal dinner service, the food pretty much takes a serious dive into obscurity.

Take for example the Phily Diner Entree Salad (fresh mixed greens, grilled chicken, candied walnuts, diced apple wood bacon, julienned apples and bleu cheese tossed in honey lemon vinaigrette banded by seedless cucumber$11.50) Sounds good if you're going light, right? What you really get is an extremely difficult-to-eat attempt at 'top chef' plating that might look fancy, but is really just a bunch of raw stuff on a plate that doesn't tastes like it sounds.

It was like a "Where's Waldo" of salads, with most of the ingredients hidden under a huge, inedible, twisted pile of what I believe was julienne raw beets, one long string of them, completely devoid of any flavor. In fact, there was pretty much no flavor or seasoning at all on this plate of nothingness. Diced applewood bacon?? Dig to find any. Bleu cheese?? Not that I could find. At least not enough of these two ingredients to add any flavor to this mess. The only thing I can say good about this concoction is that it looked pretty.

Other selections I tasted during my visit were just about the same. When I got to thinking about it, there is no way that one kitchen could put out the amount of selections on this menu and do them all well. They have to be cutting corners somewhere. Needless to say, I would only recommend this place if you're there in the middle of the night. Otherwise, it's not worth the time. Too bad. They have the potental if they'd just pare down the menu a little and not try to be all things to all diners.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The parking lot was jammed on a Friday evening, which is usually a very good sign. Unfortunately we were wrong. Our family of 4 had dinner and, at best, it was inconsistent. The best dish was the basic eggs/toast/potatoes. I shared the chicken dinner for 2 and was disappointed: stuffing was mushy and tasteless, veggies were over cooked, chicken was moist but lacked flavor. The spaghetti with marinara was generous but left nearly untouched due to lack of flavor.

The service was excellent and the waitress did her best. The valet parking was great..a great feature.

Stick with the basic diner food and you should be happy. Otherwise, YMMV.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at a nearby hotel and visited the Phily Diner for breakfast our first morning. Wow, did we feast! Scrapple and eggs, pancakes and oh my! We had dinner the next night and it was magnificent. There were nine of us dining each visit and we were treated royally. Everyone was very accommodating and extremely friendly. We laughed, we ate, we laughed some more and ate some more. Most delicious food! and wait until you see the desserts! Oh my goodness! Wear your stretch waistband!

Been to Phily Diner? Share your experiences!