“Very good option for Italian food”
Review of Undici

Undici
Reserve with OpenTable
Undici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Rumson
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bingham Avenue
Description: Undici, replete with ancient stone, wood, tile and plaster, is a faithful recreation of a Tuscan farmhouse. The rustic cuisine is curiously reflective of its surroundings. Every effort has been made to source the best of the best ingredients and formidable skill has been required to lovingly assemble them.We also pride ourselves with our extensive and carefully chosen wine selection of over 300 wines, and with our Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator.
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I went to Undici for a business dinner. We were entertaining a few colleagues from out of town who were quite impressed with this restaurant. The decor appears to be Italian farmhouse and it is well done. Do not pass on the Bolognase, served with fresh pasta. It was outstanding.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Undici is a great place for a nice dinner (warm atmosphere, great food, professional and friendly service, notable wine list), but it wasn't until a recent visit at lunch time that I found out how truly outstanding their pizzas are. Perfect crust (crispy and a hint of smoky from their wood oven) and wonderful toppings.

Now I'll be torn on my next dinner visit between their great dinner entrees and their delicious pizzas.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

On a recent visit to Italy I couldn't believe how everything tastes just like Undici! When we returned home we have eaten there many times to relive our Italian trip. The wine list is outstanding - it's like a tour of Italy. Be sure to try the octopus, the Classico pizza, the branzino and the pasta bolognese. The polenta dessert is to die for.

1  Thank lcorydon
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Meh. I got the Papalina, a house made chitarra pasta with Prosciutto di Parma, cremini mushrooms, fresh peas and light parmigiana cream. Ridiculously bland pasta with peas. Fresh? I’m skeptical. Good bar scene though.

1  Thank artpulse
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Visited this restaurant to celebrate a special occasion with my spouse. Lovely restaurant interior, tremendous wine list (they can't possibly have all these wines, can they?). Waiter was all over us, which was great in the beginning but by the end of the meal, we wanted him to disappear. Menu is not huge but adequate. Prices are high, with pasta dishes around $25 and anything with meat around $30. Appetizers and desserts are astronomical; a slice of cheesecake, for instance, is $18. We each ordered a drink (beer and a glass of wine), and two entrees. Husband ordered a shrimp dish for $32; I ordered zuppa de pesce for $35. The meals arrived; shrimp dish included 4 medium shrimp lined up on the plate with about 3/4 cup of spaghetti next to them. That's all?!? It looked like an appetizer. The clams in my zuppa de pesce were so small, it was impossible to spear them with a fork - the tines were too large! While others rave about this place, we don't see the value here and won't be back.

2  Thank NJBirder