“More than a great restaurant, this is a culinary experience!”
Review of The PASS - CLOSED

The PASS
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chef and charcutier, Matthew Ridgway, has transformed a rural landmark into a showcase for his vision of french-inspired cuisine, in a setting that's casual by design.
Titusville NJ
“More than a great restaurant, this is a culinary experience!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Everything is superb - the decor, the staff, the timing of the courses, and, or course, the food.

The Prix Fixe menu included 5 or 6 appetizers, 3 entrees (rabbit, lamb, and tilefish the night we visited) and then 5-6 desserts. 4 of us sat there just ROCKED by each of the dishes. I'm not generally a focaccia fan, however I could eat theirs with the special olive oil all day everyday.

What I'm particularly excited about is that the menu changes every week - can't WAIT to go back for a new experience!

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Wonderfully Creative”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The chef really does deliver a creative and delicious menu. The country atmosphere is small, casual, and BYOB. Although, the waitstaff is efficient they are not particularly friendly. At the end of our meal and just as we paid the bill,we were told that our table was needed for the couple that had just arrived, however, "no rush." The couple next to us overheard the waiter's comment and said to us, "I guess we are next to be moved out." So the wonderful food prepared by a creative chef is overshadowed by the unsophisticated waitstaff.

2 Thank Traveler27NJ
Ringoes, New Jersey
“A Real Surprise”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Went here last Saturday with family, including my niece who is a chef. This is a very inventive, Prix Fixe BYO with a menu that changes weekly. The starters were quite good. Several of us had the Shrimp with Caramel Corn. We also had a lovely fish appetizer and a delicious salad. For the main courses, we had Mackerel, Duck and Rabbit. The biggest disappointment was that there were no more "Saddle of Rabbit" cuts left and it had to be replaced with a leg. While the flavors were excellent, there is no , which can't be helped. Other than that, all was very good. Desserts were good but the Ile Flottante was outstanding. We will definitely be back.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Spectacular dining...in a country store!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We had heard such positive things about 'The Pass' from quite a few people and were anxious to see for ourselves - so with friends of ours, we made a reservation (you might need two weeks advance notice) and went on a recent Saturday night. We LOVED it! The food was unbelievably good! The nice thing is that it's in a country store-type atmosphere so it feels casual, yet at the same time it offers a Manhattan-style dining experience. There's has a prix fixe menu that changes each week - which is quite ambitious but shows how inspired the chef is. Also, it is a BYOB which allows you to bring your favorite wines. Every course was absolutely delicious with perfect portions -- not too little - not too much. You will not leave a morsel on your plate nor will you regret coming here - it is a real treat. We'll be back!

• Visited January 2014
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“My favorite restaurant hands down”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have been to The Pass on several occassions and will continue to find excuses to get there when I can. I have been with small and large parties and not dissappointed in any case. My only struggle is with which meal I would call my favorite as they have all been outstanding. No person I have steered there has been disappointed and I have guests from out of state and the country who have already insisted that when back in the area we return to The Pass.
I was skeptical that such excellence could be upheld week in and week out with such a diverse and ever changing menu but the Chefs have continued to raise the bar. I look forward to my next opportunity to visit as does my family and collegues.

• Visited December 2013