“nice local spot”

Rezza
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Roseland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“nice local spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

dined here twice in the past two weeks. nice menu offerings, and the service is very pleasant. salads and pastas were very tasty. i'm not a huge fan of the pizza however- beautifully prepared and presented, but the dough is rather tasteless. it would be great if the chairs were more comfy and the atmosphere was updated from the last restaurant that occupied the space. gelatos were delicious. fair prices, byob and a convenient local spot- i'll be back

• Visited January 2014

Chatham, Massachusetts
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Let me start with a few MINOR negatives. The chairs were small and uncomfortable. The Italian bread was not the best and it was cut too thin. When ordering the antipasti you need to select each meat, each cheese and each vegetable separately. While you can order the full selection of each, you can't order a full combination plate. Having said that, each item we ordered was excellent.

The five of us had different meals. A tripe, lamb, pork and eggplant dish were all delicious. I had the Sunday gravy. The gravy, meatballs and sausage were excellent. My Italian wife proclaimed the meatballs among the best she has had in a restaurant.

Overall a place you definitely want to try. I just wish the server had told us more about dessert because as we were leaving we noticed a list on the wall of a variety of gelato that looked tempting.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Quinnscommentary
Seaside Park, New Jersey
“It's a Standout!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This place is great! Old fashioned pizza to die for....have it as your appetizer. Tripe is phenomenal....close your eyes and your eating in Tuscany. Sunday GRAVY (it's not sauce!) is reminiscent of the good old days. Don't pass up on the desserts! Gelato is excellent!

• Visited December 2013
south orange, new jersey
“Excellent Italian in Casual Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am a horrific food snob and generally complain about going out--among my friends I am embarrassed to say I am known for brutal meal reviews. So fussy am I that when my husband asked me a few weeks ago where to go for our anniversary, I answered why bother going out around here and cooked our anniversary dinner.

So with that background I ventured out to Rezza last night. I had not heard of the restaurant and had zero expectations. In fact, I suspected it would be awful. I was expecting typical Jersey Italian--giant plates of over cooked and over-salted food.

Rezza is anything but typical New Jersey italian. The menu is interesting and varied--great appetizers, salads and a wide range of entrees. I had the grilled Octopus appetizer as an entree. It was a test, will they get it right or will it taste like a hockey puck? It was fresh, tender and delicious. Wow. My dining companions had the steak, fish and pasta dishes--and proclaimed all of them fantastic. As were the appetizers and deserts. I felt as though I was eating in Italy and not in Jersey. What a wonderful feeling.

The atmosphere is very casual. I could have used a more comfortable chair--but when I started eating I forgot completely about the chair.

I cannot wait to return. Fantastic.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank gaudifan
Essex Fells, New Jersey
“Rome comes to Roseland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Refreshingly, not your typical Italian-American New Jersey "Italian" restaurant. Rezza is leans toward Rome in its menu and its pizza. You can taste the freshness and quality of the ingredients used and the execution of the Roman style food is perfect. In a bow to those who insist on traditional Italian-American cuisine, Rezza offers some compromises, such as Sunday Gravy with meatballs and sausage--also very well done. Think of the film "Big Night" here--an attempt to differentiate and expand the palates of New Jerseyans with quality, authentic food native to Italy--but with some choices for those stubborn enough not to understand that Italian (here more Roman regional) food is different from the red sauce soaked, melted mozzarella entrees that we've become accustomed to. Go for the food, the Roman-style pizza and the experience. Ambience is just average, was a failed Italian chain restaurant before Rezza. Service is capable if not perfect. The food is the star here--and don't forget to get some of the real gelato from Il Laboratorio del Gelato in Manhattan--as good as it gets.

• Visited October 2013