“Good food, Fast service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in Rockaway
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
New Jersey
“Good food, Fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is a great little Mexican restaurant for a quick meal. Service is fast and attentive, the food is fresh and tasty. I've been here three times, and went home happy and full each time. Servings are large and well prepared. Salsa and warm chips are placed before you as soon as you sit down and they will refill without question. I will be back again.

• Visited August 2014

“Holy mariachi band!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant a number of times and have always liked the food and service but this last time there was a live mariachi band playing! It was so loud you absolutely could not talk to your table mates. If this is a new addition I won't be going back.

Dover, nj
“Viva Mexico!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

First time here. Ordered the half pitcher of Sangria, since there were only two of us, and I had to drive. Definitely wanted more!, So good! Had the chicken fajitas- really, really good. My sister had the Pollo Maya and loved it also. The salsa I a little hot - kind of sneaks up on you. The coffee flan was to die for! Also liked the banana and cheesecake chimicake was great! They have a mariachi band on Wednesday nights. I will have come to see them. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone! The service was excellent and it had great atmosphere. When you walked in, you knew that everyone was having a FUN time!!!

• Visited July 2014
Succasunna, New Jersey
“Yay! Another Mexican restaurant to get my "fix".”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I was there for the first time yesterday. Ordered my "tried and true" flautas to get a sense of the comparison vs. my other favorite Mexican restaurants in NJ. Long-story-short, I was blown away. The pico de gallo that they served on top was SO tasty...I couldn't get enough of it. And the BEANS...delicious! I'm not usually a fan of Mexican rice...rarely eat it, but I ate the rice at Riviera Maya...it was moist and flavorful, and complimented the beans exceptionally well. I'm very much looking forward to going back. The salsa was decent, but I don't agree with the other reviewers who say it's spicy...was pretty mild in my opinion, but tasty enough.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
East Hanover, NJ
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I ordered from here on cinco de mayo because I work nearby. The chicken quesadillas were dry pieces if chicken. It was not shredded chicken. It was super dry and a chocking hazard. The beef tacos were horrible. My husband who loves Mexican wouldn't eat them. We will never go there again. Try another Mexican place. There is an amazing one in netting (don Jose)

Visited May 2014