“Nice Late Lunch with Friends”
Review of Muldoon's

Muldoon's
Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Rockaway
Reviewed August 29, 2018

We went to Muldoon's after a concert in Rockaway.
The food and service were good. The Burger Special (4 cheeses) was great.

Subsituded a small salad instead of fries.

Our waiter was attentive and made good suggestions.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Delicious food! The staff was friendly. A nice atmosphere to relax and enjoy a drink. Irish stew was delicious. They serve alcohol drinks. The meatballs were excellent.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 11, 2018

There are a million places like this, neither good nor bad. This was the latest of many places I have visited in my so far unsuccessful 30-year search for decent fish and chips in the U.S. It was OK, a decent pint of guinness for me and an edible, if generic, meal for me and my son and heir, but here is my beef. Why, oh why do these places insist on listing 'Dublin-style' fish and chips? That is a flat out lie. In Dublin and throughout the British Isles F&C means freshly cut chips and a freshly battered and fried entire fillet of cod, haddock, or another white fish, fresh never frozen. At Muldoon's and most pubs of this ilk both are frozen, the fish three re-formed slabs of a nameless and generic white fish in heavy batter. It was edible, the kind of meal I can eat under extreme duress and even obtain some pleasure from under the right circumstances, but it is a profound and disrespectful insult to the great city of Dublin and one of the most iconic and delicious of traditional British meals.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 16, 2018

Been coming here for years- every Wednesday night. Menu has been getting much better (think chef from the other Muldoon's that closed is now here full time). Granted it was Valentines day this week, but the dinner menu had: Tortellini, Tomahawk Steak for two, Prime Rib, Seafood Stew, Potato Gnocchi, Steak and Ribs, a lobster and crab ravioli and other goodies. Our group has retired our burgers and other boring fare for some of the new dishes. Great staff, great food, only downside is that a sprucing up/ renovation is in order, but don't let that scare you off!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 16, 2018

Decided to have an appy dinner. Nice selection of items although, I was getting the feeling that I was eating someone else's food. Not sure but it felt like my pierogies were Mrs. T's pierogies instead of homemade. Anyway, I like Mrs. T's pierogies so I didn't mind too much. Nice portions - everything hit the spot. Everything except the "boneless" riblets which were a special. They were definitely not boneless. That was a bit of a surprise when I bit into it. Otherwise, it was fine. No 5 star dining here but all was well.

Date of visit: January 2018