“Different”

Rockaway River Barn
Ranked #10 of 92 Restaurants in Rockaway
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our mission is to become your favorite local restaurant. We strive to provide down home, affordable, cutting-edge MELTING POT AMERICAN CUISINE using the finest farm fresh, local ingredients. We are committed to quality, value, friendliness and your total satisfaction.We are a family gathering place- come share the warm, friendly atmosphere – pregame, postgame, anytime. Our bar boasts 12 hi-def flatscreen TV's - all 54" along with 3 82" flatscreens! Great for your favorite sports team any time of the year!Enjoy Barn Cuisine for Lunch, Dinner, and Sunday Brunch. We serve Great Burgers, Steaks, Seafood, Salads, Pastas andOur Famous Brick-Oven Pizza. Open 7 days til 2 A.M. 364 days a year - closed on Christmas Day.Great local entertainment late night.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

The Barn was recommended by the hotel staff. We went there and had a good time. The food was good and the price was comparable. The atmosphere was different but fun.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Brunch is from 10am -2pm we arrived at 12:00 noon after church.
The people were very friendly. We were offered to sit outside or in. Nice atmosphere. You get a mimosas with the brunch. Now for the bad the food selection was not good it never was replenished. The little selection they had looked as if it had been sitting all day. They have made to order omelet station, waffles, and carving station but they actually had 1 person doing everything. Poor guy. You could only image the lines. Oh yeah, He was also toasting the bread. The omelette was so oily i couldn't even eat half of it. My husband got his after me so he requested not too much oil and had to tell him not to overlook the veggies. The corn-beef hash, meatballs pasta and basically everything I tried was cold. My husband had the prime rib and said it was ok. At this point I just really wanted to go home and couldn't even really bother with anything. Im a foodie who loves good quality food so I was very disappointed. 40 bucks wasted I should've stayed home and cooked us a good meal.

2  Thank Caribbeantravelqueen
NancyK11GreenPond, General Manager at Rockaway River Barn, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Hello and thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing from our customers, good or bad, and are always striving to improve our service and customer's experiences. I'm so sorry you did not enjoy your last visit with us. Your points have been brought to the appropriate team members. I hope that you will try us again, as that is NOT how our brunch is usually handled. Please make a point to introduce yourself next time you're in.
Again, thank you and I hope to see you again.
Nancy
GM
Rockaway River Barn

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I love coming here especially because there are always changes to the menu. i don't think I've ever ordered something i didn't like. Service had always been good. This was the first time we sat outside. I enjoyed it. We did have to ask a bus boy to get a salt and pepper shaker because our table didn't have one. I will keep going back here especially because it is local.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

we ordered gazpacho, steak with mashed potatoes ,greek salad
beer and soda.
the portion were very big and very tasty, service was very good

Reviewed June 18, 2014

OK, let's get this straight...I was hungry and getting ready for my first drive through Manhattan, NYC (at noon no less) so I decided to eat in New Jersey thinking it would be an industrial park. So I exit I-80 in Rockaway an come right to THE BARN. Great lunch of pretzel crusted chicken strips with cheese sauce dip and it was tasty at a very reasonable price(to say nothing of attentive pleasant service). Looks like a great place to have a beer and watch some sports. The only negative comment is I had to pay a $13.00 toll to cross the Geo. Washington Bridge$&@?#%^=£€¥...after lunch to be allowed into New York....!!!