“Decent Wings; Good Atmosphere; Sublime Cinnamon Squares”
Review of Buffalo Wild Wings

Buffalo Wild Wings
Ranked #23 of 93 Restaurants in Rockaway
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went there on a Sunday and found the place full at 4:30PM! I thought we would have the place almost all to ourselves. :)

Anyways, the place felt very lively - although I thought they overdid it somewhat with the number of large screen TVs around the room. And one of them was tuned to the UFC fights, which obviously was not kid-appropriate. Fortunately, I was the one facing that screen.

They did a fair job on their namesake wings - not the greatest but certainly not the worst.

However, the Cinnamon Squares were really, really awesome. If didn't gorged myself on the salt and pepper fries (pretty good) and the wings (we ordered a bunch), I would have happily ordered more. As it was I still thought the Squares were great even at my advanced state of being stuffed.

Place was kind of pricey though with each wing (really, 1/2) cost almost a buck. The wings were decent sized.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Came here on a Wednesday night with my family, and we had to wait for 35 minutes. The place was so busy. Even, wehne we left at 8:15 pm, there was still a waiting line to get in. From what I understand the place openned up a few months ago, but is still busy. The place is huge, and is split up into 2. On one side is a sports bar with gaming machhines and tables, and the other side are lots of tables. There are big-screen TV's all over the place. The food was very tasty. You can pick from all different sauces from mild to hot. I had the boneless wings, and the portions were tiny. I got 8 wings for $8.99 which I thought was way overpriced. My other family members got the wings and they thought it was very tasty. Still in reviewing the other menu choices i think that the prices are a bit over moderate. Parking is free. Service was very prmopt once you are seated.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife had the Tablegating Sampler and said it was nothing special. She ate most of it - the leftovers being due more to the serving size than anything wrong with the food. I had an appetizer of Jalapeno Pepper Bites, and an entree of six traditional wings with six boneless wings, with Caribbean Jerk sauce, and a side of Mac & Cheese. Despite the servers claim that the Jalapenos were "Incredible", they were pretty average - but he was young, so...
The wings were good, but nothing spectacular. I would recommend the Caribbean Jerk sauce for anyone who isn't a heat freak but wants to try hot wings without serious damage. The Mac & Cheese was good, but unexceptional.
The major complaint about the place is not something they are specifically responsible for. Many restaurants are going for the loud, clangy interior noise of the stereo, and I realize there are marketing reasons behind it. I also realize that 60-year olds with sensitive ears are not their primary sales target demographic. However, there must be a better way to promote an upbeat atmosphere and maintain table turnover, while still allowing customers to have conversations without shouting.
I wasn't terribly disappointed here, but there are less noisy wings chains, with food that is just as good, so we probably won't go back.

1  Thank HowlnBubba
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love wings of any kind, so when my kids said "let's get together" after Christmas and meet at Buffalo Wild Wings in Rockaway, NJ I was all for it!!. well the place was mobbed, which could be a good thing, but we had to wait 1 hour and 20 minutes for a table for four to open up. and still would be waiting if I didn't approach them and point out a table that was vacant for some time. Well it was boneless wing night and a good price for them so we all ordered a mix of boneless and regular wings. I had spicy Garlic and Hot sauce for mine. I will say, I can handle most anything hot, but the "HOT" were NUCLEAR!! very good flavor for the sauce, but the chicken had a very strong "Burnt" Taste to them. Like the oil was old and had burnt chicken at one time or another. I was not impressed with this place at all. Looks like a fun bar atmosphere and many TV's to look at for sports which I like, but still was not impressed because of the wings. I can't speak for other Items served there since we only had the wings, but for me, I will stick to HOOTERS for the wings.

1  Thank messin44
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Having been to other BWW's across the nation we were thrilled when this local one opened. The first week it needed policeman to control the traffic, and I will tell you why. The wings are the star of the place besides the plethora of TV's showing sports continuously! There really is no excuse if you cant find a wing that you like! This place is consistent in quality with other BWW's across the nation. Our server was alert, polite and swift. When or order seemed to be coming out too slow for his liking he went back to check on it.
Be aware. This place like all other BWW's is loud! VERY LOUD. Since we are a family of sports fans this does not bother us.
Expect long lines especially during major games, playoffs, boxing matches etc...
Take out is available and recommended!