“Just one word....outstanding!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dinner only
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This was our first visit. We went here for a holiday dinner with friends. Excellent service, very tasty food. Even the bread is a winner. Looking forward to our next visit there. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.

2  Thank Patricia E

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a lot of trouble deciding what to have since just about everything on the menu sounded wonderful. We settled on sharing a Mozzarella Napoleon, Clams Casino, and Chicken Florentine. All superb, as was our exceptionally friendly and helpful server, and the whole staff and the owner said goodbye and thanked us for coming when we left. We may never get to Rockaway, New Jersey again, which would be a shame, since I really want to get back to Luzzi's and try a few dozen other dishes there.

1  Thank RichF77
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have already reviewed this restaurant, but after a recent visit, I felt compelled to write again, with the hope the owner, or someone in a position of influence there, will do something about the waitstaff. On a recent visit, again, 5 star food. Probably the best blackened salmon I have ever had. A very nice spice, and the fish was cooked perfectly. My guests, who had chicken dishes, also commented they were among the best they had ever been served. The chicken was cooked perfectly, the sauces brilliantly done, etc. NOW here is the problem. The waitress. She identified herself as "new." Her appearance was a bit jarring - she didn't look very professional. Nor did she service our table in a professional manner - at all. For instance, we noticed she was wearing a large bandage on her hand, and proceeded to tell us that she CUT herself, badly, while slicing the bread, as she placed the basket of bread on our table. At this point, I had to talk my guests out of leaving. They were very upset by this revelation. Then, when clearing the table after each course, she proceeded to take all the dishes and stack them up on the table, slamming them in front of each person in a pile, then carried the pile away, with things such as the flatware and other items, falling all over. For the prices charged, and "dinner menu" advanced by this establishment on Saturday evenings, this type of service is absolutely unacceptable. PLEASE do something, because I want to keep eating your food, but your waitstaff is so horrible, I am running out of patience!! I am giving 5 stars only because of the food. For service, it would be ZERO.

2  Thank tinyrabbitNyc
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a good dinner at Luzzi's. This is a nice venue in Rockaway.
The service was very good and prompt. We were seated promptly.
The noise level was perfect. We were able to hear our table conversation.
The food was very good. We shared a family style Caeser salad. The entrees were all very good. I had the veal Saltimbucca. My wife had the shrimp francaice and my daughter had the grilled scallops over angel hair pasta. My father had the pork loin and my mom had shrimp scampi. We all loved our dinners.
The wine list was limited, but had excellent value.
Plenty of parking.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Hadn't been here in years, but returned for a family reunion. Food was excellent, service was first rate. Had a large party and was treated very well. The pasta and veal were all excellent. Will return again soon

1  Thank Michael C