“Great Food, Bad Service”

Luzzi's Hibernia Inn
Ranked #18 of 92 Restaurants in Rockaway
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dinner only
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have been here on many occasions, and the food is always outstanding. I have never had a bad meal here and I will give this restaurant five stars in that regard. The decor is also pleasant, establishment appears clean, drinks are generous and tasty, etc. However, in a review of a restaurant, the entire experience must be considered. In this case, the downfall of this restaurant is the service. The waitstaff is almost always rude and unfriendly, and recently, it really became more pronounced than ever. In fact, on a recent Friday evening, a waitress actually used profanity at my table when referring to a party AT the table, and made several off color comments etc. that were highly inappropriate. I was in shock. I will refrain from posting details about this person, including the name, but I believe she was a newer addition, as I had not seen her there before. Nevertheless, although this person was particularly bad, most of the waitstaff is problematic and I suggest the owner either start over fresh, or have them undergo customer service training. Then this place would be amazing.

3  Thank tinyrabbitNyc

Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I have had many of the menu items and have been very happy with all of them. This is a 'go to' place for us on days when we are too tired to cook and want something delicious. Try the Shrimp and Scallops Toscana over pasta, YUM! Or the Shrimp Parmigiana. Steaks have always been excellent as well. There is a blackened shrimp dish that has a creamy sauce that is out of this world. And my absolute favorite is the Veal Saltimbocca - when I try it anywhere else it's never as good!

2  Thank Janet_Q