“Did they drive to the farm and take the beef right off the cow?”

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
Ranked #18 of 89 Restaurants in Rockaway
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The server (ange) was great. She was very friendly and fast. As for the kitchen, well, they couldn't have been slower. There were only 7 other tables in the resturaunt. That being said, the food as selection of food is amazing for a chain food joint. All of the food was tasty and they even brought by nephew a balloon. So long as you are not in a hurry this is a good stop.

1  Thank Ccrawfo

Reviewed August 13, 2013

There is a reason why I no longer frequent this Red Robin location, despite the fact that it is right in my own backyard. Mistakingly, last week I made an exception after receiving an e-mail regarding my free birthday burger as part of the Red Robin Royalty Program. In a nutshell, this Red Robin location truly is "for the birds"!!! Since its opening a couple of years ago I don't think I can really remember a time where the food didn't take FOREVER to come out, regardless of whether they are busy or not. Just read the reviews...nearly every reviewer says exactly the same thing! Even the people at the table across from us had complained about the ridiculous amount of time that it was taking to receive a burger, and had something comped on their bill...a typical sight at this Red Robin. My husband and I waited over a half an hour for our food, in which time our server never gave us any updates on the status of our meals. After all, the servers already know the deal...this is commonplace here. Besides the fact that my patty melt came out without onions, it was also burned to a crisp and black on the edges. By the time I had locked eyes with our server and signaled that I needed him, my husband was nearing the finish line on his dinner. I had come to the decision that I was not going to place a second order and wait close to another year for near frickin' fast food. I told our server that I was sending back my food, and as usual they send the manager right on over. The manager seemed pleasant enough but after a while you just get sick of hearing the same old "schpeel," if you know what I mean. That being that although there was no excuse for everything that transpired that evening, they are currently understaffed and are always trying to improve on things. It killed me to not respond, "I guess you have been understaffed since you opened your doors," but I bit my tongue. Otherwise I was painfully truthful in my complaint, and everything that I have typed in this review I stated to the manager. I even managed to tell him how I have never experienced any problems at their Clifton location, which is ALWAYS busy! He asked me if I wanted anything else but I told him that I didn't feel like waiting again, that my husband was basically done eating, and that we hadn't planned on being there that long. I'm not looking for a handout or anything, but just believe that a good manager would have comped my husband's burger...but figured perhaps they didn't because with all the comping going on there they must be near bankruptcy! Afterwards we ended up stopping by McDonald's, and even though I don't like their burgers very much anymore it was soooooo much more worth it! No aggravation, no wait (unless you count five minutes for FRESH fries!), and all this for a fraction of the price! The thing that really sucks is that my husband ended up cashing in on my birthday burger...Happy Birthday To Me! :(

1  Thank GardenStateSiggy
Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you go to this location, ask if Christina B is working and then request to be in her area. She is worth the wait! We ask for her every time we go, about 1-2 times a month, and in fact will go to Olive Garden if she is off that night. Christina will make sure your order is correct the first time, is friendly and outgoing, and just does the job correctly. [They should make her the example to trainees]

Again, to make sure you have a great meal, ask for Christina.

Walter

2  Thank WWS2
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I think we hit this on an off night or had a bad server. The food was great and the cost was reasonable, however the server was slow.

One thing that I want to compliment this chain on and I wish other restaurants would do is how they let people know that their tables are ready. In some chains, you are given a large buzzer device. Not here. They just get your cell phone number and text you when your table is ready. This is great. We were able to walk around the mall, and not have to worry if we were too far away from the restaurant that the buzzer was not working.

2  Thank bwco
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Enjoyed dinner with a friend - a delicious burger, meaty fries, and a great strawberry lemonade to top it off. Reasonable prices, good service.

2  Thank CarolPNewJersey