“Great hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rockaway
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights..wouldn't call it leisure as it was for a funeral...the staff was very helpful and attentive..this hotel is in a complex with a big mall and smaller strip mall around it... I would definately stay here again if ever in area. This is a good choice and price was also right..

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2010

Good Afternoon,

On behalf of my entire team of hospitality professionals I would like to thank you for your review. You are right, our location is perfect for an overnight stay as well as an extended stay with our proximity to the Rockaway Townsquare Mall as well as the many hotel amenities we offer. I appreciate your kind words about my staff as "helpful and attentive"! Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway!

Reviewed September 23, 2010

This is my 4th time in the past couple of months staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and I have to say, it is the best experience every time! I have used other hotels in the area but once I found this place I was hooked. When I travel, I just want, polite people, a clean room and a quiet environment when I stay over and this is what I always get when I stay there**Every time!!!**. I even had dinner (off the specials menu) the last time I was there and I have to say that the food there is amazing! I am not usually a comment giver but I have been so happy with the service there I thought I would share it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway . My team of hospitality professionals and I really enjoy receiving positive feedback for our valued guests. We look forward to your return!!

Reviewed September 3, 2010

Recently we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rockaway NJ. My daughter forgot her doll by accident. When we called the hotel they assured us they had it and it would be returned to us. Needless to say we have been waiting almost 4 weeks after numerous phone calls and e-mails assuring us that the doll has been mailed out. When I made my last attempt to contact the hotel the manager he said," as much as I would like to assist, it is out of my hands and in the hands of USPS". Now mind you,my daughter has been attached to the hip to the doll since a baby (a lot of sentimental value). I not only offered to pay for it but I also offered to drive up to pick up the doll, however the manager now doesn't even know where the doll is. He can not even offer a tracking number or any additional info for me to look into the matter since he apparently can't.

Now I ask you, had it been a briefcase or a purse would they have handled it in the same manner? This manager apparently hasn't had proper training because if he did he would know that customer service consisted of assisting the customer from beginning to end, perhaps what some people call Customer Satisfaction. Not to mention, it was his error.

Needless to say this matter was never taken care of nor was there even a call to replace the doll by the manager.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Tina3021
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The Hilton Garden Inn is a standard HGI place. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Beds are big and comfortable and you get an armchair as well as a desk. If you take an executive room you get a bigger bathroom, a sofa and a bigger room this costs 20$ more but to be honest if you are by yourself a standard room is fine. Breakfast is a buffee style and costs $11.95 but it seemed that most people seem to get a complimentary voucher for breakfast make sure to remember to ask for one. The breakfast is great with eggs any way you want sausages and home fries.

The hotel has a pool spa and gym (all airconditioned) which is pretty good. The ineternet is free as in most US Hotels but I struggled to get 1MB/s which is slow by the standards you have in your own home. I thought the bar in the hotel a bit on the expensive side with $4.5 for a botttle of beer a bit much there is no draft beer which is usually a pint for the same cost. The rockaway mall is within walking distrance with the usual selection of shops Sears Pennys Macys

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Awful. Experience. Housekeeping took something from my room. It is a physical therapy aid, that I need for an injury. They thought it was garbage or whatever.....which I understand....it is made of foam...but honestly- it's very large.....so I don't really know why anyone would throw it away.
That is beside the point. The manager on duty Mary Ann Healy, was such a b*&^% to me. Apparently there is no policy to reimburse you for something taken from your room that they cannot find. There was no effort made by her to rectify the situation. They passed it off to housekeeping. Housekeeping was lovely but I had to rebuy this item. They swore they'd reimburse me and never did.
Not only was that taken out of my room, there was someone else's belt suddenly in my room. What they are doing there...I do not know.
Lock your stuff in a safe!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank katierayle
HGIR, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

Dear katierayle,

Thank you for your review! I am sorry your stay was less than satisfactory however I am glad to report that we did come to an agreement earlier today with regard to your claim of the missing item. We strive for perfection and my team and I look forward to your next stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway!

Reviewed March 24, 2010

This is a nice hotel nearby route 80 with a big shopping mall and quite a few restaurants nearby so you are not stuck in the middle of a business park. The rooms are spacious, big bed and big tv, well appointed bathroom. Breakfast variety is average but acceptable, and it has a good fitness room and pool. Complimentary parking and wifi internet is a great plus. Food at the restaurant was ok although with a variety of restaurants nearby you won't be short for choice. My only complaint, but it's a big one, is that the bathroom ventilator was so terribly noisy it impacted sleep quality. Pity as overall this is a pretty good option.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I stayed in the HGI Rockaway for 4 nights. and the stay was very good. The room was very spacious and clean. The beds had the new sleeping system from HGI and it was very comfortable to sleep in. The breakfast was fresh and the Lobby had a great Christmas decoration. The Reception contributors was not so kind like we know from other HGI's. But that was the only negative thing for this stay. Across the Street is the Rockaway Mall with all big brands. If you are looking for a nice stay in NJ, then try this HGI out.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway
Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Ramada Rockaway
Ramada Rockaway
#2 of 2 in Rockaway

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!