“Snellplaster”

Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rockaway
Reviewed May 21, 2014

location of hotel was in a prime area near a mall and others stores to shop. Hilton Garden lived up to there reputation for having a very good quality hotel for the asking amount! The Keurig coffee maker in the room is a perfect touch for me. I strongly recommend a stay @ this Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Raymond S

Reviewed May 14, 2014

staff was very friendly and eager to help in any way, after we had checked out our flight was cancelled, when we called to get rooms we asked if we could have our original rooms since we were familiar with them and the staff managed to get those rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed May 11, 2014

It's so convenient to everything you might need, the service is warm and friendly, it's super clean and has a modern flair, the food is great too! My only wish would be that they kept the pool/hot tub open later so it could be enjoyed after a long, busy day that runs into the later evening hours. If you're in the area and need a place to stay, look no further!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I have stayed at a few Hiltons and this is my favorite thus far! beautiful lobby, comfortable beds! the service was wonderful and overall there was a gentleman by the name of Moe, he was our server in the dining room, and he was outstanding!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2014

It's pretty much what you'd expect from this chain....Basic room, clean, good bed, inexpensive. Close to freeways and located in a big shopping mall - so shopping is very convenient and there's lots of nearby parking.
Unfortunately, there are also many inconvenient features. Biggest problem is lack of an in-room safe. The dining and bar are quite limited and open for short times. So if you miss the brief dining-drinking period in a late arrival, the nearby options are 'Buffalo Wild Wings' and 'Red Robin'.
There is a Keurig coffee maker in the room (nice) bur only 2 pods and paper coffee cups which make the coffee taste awful. The tap water (bottled available for extra cost) takes awful too, but maybe that's partly due to the cups too.

Room Tip: Our room was near the extremely noisy elevator. Beware!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Overall I would rate this hotel 4 out 5 stars in comparison with budget friendly hotels of its type. I was only there for an overnight stay, so I cannot completely rate, however, it was clean, the staff was competent and friendly and it appeared to have all amenities (i.e. gym, pool, restaurant, bar, etc.). The particular location I stayed at wasn't exactly a resort town, I was there on business, so tough to rate in terms of a vacation type stay, but I would assume based on my stay that a Hilton Garden Inn would do well in a shore or other resort town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This review might have even been five stars but for one screw-up the desk staff made when I checked in…a screw-up that had a negative impact on my sleep!

When I stay at one nighters, I really want just some basic things:

1) Plenty of free parking. They had that.
2) Quick check-in. They had that.
3) Decent food options. Their restaurant was adequate.
4) A nice, clean room. Mine was a two-room "suite" and it was very good.
5) Quiet!!! It was quiet.
6) A good bathroom sit-up. They had that.
7) A good night's sleep. Ooops. not what it could have been…

My bed was so worn out (I thought) that all night I felt like I was rolling into the hollowed out hole that was the worn out right side of the bed. It was difficult to find a comfortable sleeping position. When I checked out, I mentioned that someone ought to check out that mattress and replace it. "Oh", the desk clerk replied. "Those are adjustable air beds and all you needed to do was pump more air into the low side."…Duh. I asked how I was to have known they were air adjustable beds and he said, "The clerk at check-in is supposed to explain that to each guest." Well... guess what buddy…YOU were the clerk who checked me in and you were silent about the air beds.

Sooo. A possible rare five-star rating from me was downgraded just because an employee failed to fully do his job. Too bad. Nice place, otherwise.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Towneplace Suites by Marriott Dover Rockaway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
Courtyard Rockaway-Mt. Arlington
#1 of 2 in Mount Arlington

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!