“Great base for work and play”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rockaway
“Great base for work and play”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip to Dover, NJ. Perfetly located for work and also great on those days off as a regular bus service (Lakeland) picks up just across the street and runs to Manhatten.. Als a great location for teh Rockaway shopping mall if you dont have much time.

The rooms are good and clean, and the restaurant offers great food. The only downsides were a very quiet restaurant atmosphere and very noisy water system in the room..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lorrie M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the time you took to inform others of your great experience with our property and hope to see you again soon!

Yours In Hospitality,
375 Mt. Hope Avenue
Rockaway, NJ 07866
www.rockaway.hgi.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel and its rooms feels old and in need to be updated. The furnishings and carpet in the rooms are worn and dated. The internet was extremely slow - I disconnected from their internet and used my mi-fi instead, which was much faster. If you're looking for someplace to just to sleep for a few hours, this is okay, but if you're looking to relax in your room or work, this is not a great place. One plus was the very friendly staff. Otherwise, not a great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank USAWelder
Lorrie M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. The Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway recently completed phase one of three planned renovations. Phase one addressed our lobby, restaurant, and bar. Guests now enjoy a modern, functional layout that is conducive to getting work done on the road or simply curling up by the fireplace with a glass of wine. Scheduling of phase two is underway, and will encompass all guestrooms and suites. The final phase will address our banquet and meeting space.

We continue to make other property improvements as well, such as upgrading our wireless Internet services to support the growing bandwidth needs of today's travelers and replacing all in-room coffee pots with Keurig machines.

I appreciate your candid feedback and hope you will grow with us as we work to take our beautiful property to the next level.

Yours in hospitality,

267-515-1321
Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel and rooms are immaculate. Plenty to do nearby and very close to the highway for easy access, yet, very quiet and peaceful. I would definitely recommend to anyone and will be returning!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with the Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway! I will certainly pass on your kind remarks to my team! We strive to exceed our guests' expectations in customer service, cleanliness, and comfort and I am delighted to hear that we did just that for you! I hope to see you again soon when you're in the Rockaway area.

Yorba Linda, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The hotel does not feel like a Hilton brand. The rooms are old, Internet doesnot work properly. The technology in the room is inadequate to current standards. Furnishing is old. No Air circulation and stuffy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Sean K
Hi There,

Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay. The Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway recently completed phase one of three planned renovations. Phase one addressed our lobby, restaurant, and bar. Guests now enjoy a modern, functional layout that is conducive to getting work done on the road or simply curling up by the fireplace with a glass of wine. Scheduling of phase two is underway, and will encompass all guestrooms and suites. The final phase will address our banquet and meeting space.

Yours in hospitality,

267-515-1321
Tucson, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My e-mailed hotel reservation stated that breakfast was included during my stay. Upon checking in, the staff told me that I was not entitled to breakfast. Had to go out each day to try to find breakfast as a result, since I wasn't going to pay the hotel. Also, it's a wildly noisy hotel, with a lot of intoxicated guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us. I was able to locate your reservation in our system and reviewed the booking history. Our records indicate that the rate was not inclusive of breakfast. If you would kindly forward a copy of the email you have stating otherwise, I would be happy to investigate further.

In regards to the intoxicated guests, we did have some guests partaking in the Oktoberfest events in nearby Dover around the time of your stay. While intoxicated guests are not the typical clientele here, we do tend to have more lively guests while the festival is in town.

I apologize that the breakfast misunderstanding and the clientele during Oktoberfest put a damper on your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent service and surroundings every day. Should you find yourself in the Rockaway area again, please contact me directly so I can personally ensure we will exceed your expectations.

Wheaton, IL, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Food at breakfast was cold as well as coffee. Hotel was noisy and management was not responsive to complaints of noise. Hotel was so noisy, the desk clerk did not answer the phone because he said he couldn't hear it. Security had to come to the floor to attempt to correct noise in the hallways, doors slamming and loud conversations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lorrie M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. On behalf of my team, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced. We did have weddings in-house over the weekend that were rather difficult for us to manage, even with the assistance of security. Regardless, the nonchalant attitude of my staff is completely unacceptable, as is a sub-par breakfast offering.

At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do what it takes to ensure you are completely satisfied. Clearly we fell short of our promise, even with the knowledge that you were experiencing issues with your stay. I assure you that I will work with my team to better handle noise complaints, be more responsive to our guests' needs, and ensure our product - including our restaurant meals - exceed our guests' expectations.

I hope you will consider us again when traveling to the Rockaway area. This situation is not typical of the level of service we are known for, nor are the issues you experienced with the other guests of the hotel. We would love to have you again so we can deliver our promise to you. Should you find yourself in Rockaway again, please contact me directly and I will personally ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Friendly staff, great food and clean hotel to stay in. Very cost efficient as well. I always feel safe, comfortable and welcomed at Hilton Garden Inn and the Rockaway location lived up to my expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate the time you took to inform other travelers and our hotel about your recent stay with us! We strive to exceed our guests' expectations in cleanliness, comfort, and service and I am delighted to hear that we did just that! We look forward to having you again soon!

973-328-0600
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockaway
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Ramada Rockaway
Ramada Rockaway
#2 of 2 in Rockaway

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway? Share your experiences!